Are there any staffordshire bul terrier awareness groups I can join for free?

I have a staff and love them and am sick of ppl assuming they are bad dogs and want to raise awareness of what a lovely dog they are.

I have a staff and love them and am sick of ppl assuming they are bad dogs and want to raise awareness of what a lovely dog they are....
    Dogs Training Discussions : Are there any staffordshire bul terrier awareness groups I can join for free?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are there any staffordshire bul terrier awareness groups I can join for free?

Are there any staffordshire bul terrier awareness groups I can join for free? Dogs Training Discussions
      I have a staff and love them and am sick of ppl assuming they are bad dogs and want to raise awareness of what a lovely dog they are.

Are there any staffordshire bul terrier awareness groups I can join for free? Dogs Training Discussions
    • It's just ignorance, some people are extremely stupid and believe everything they hear.I pity them really, because instead of finding out the truth they follow aimlessly like sheep believing everything their told, like spoon fed idiots.A staffy is not a pit bull, any informed person will know this.

• "I totally agree" Staffies are only bad dogs in the hands of the wrong people,therefor other decent Staffie owners and the dog get a bad rep,but everyone who knows my dog admires him and he loves all my freinds children,and he gets on great with other dogs, don't know of any awareness groups, I just tell it like it is.if they dont like it then it's not my problem.I know my dog is safe.( it's me that's worse than my dog,lol) "Joe"

• I agree with Jules, you are wasting your time.You only have to look at their behaviour to see they are not exactly the most pleasant breed, though I suspect a lot of the problem is to do with the people who own them.

• Don't worry about it...people are just ignorant(without knowledge)...felt I needed to explain that.I have an APBTand a Staffie. I love them that's all that matters to me.I don't feel the need to be or for my dogs to be accepted by others.

• I have owned and bred Staffordshire Bull Terriers and Pit Bull Terriers. I have never had any serious aggression issues with them, but it is true to say they will defend themselves if provoked, but wont most breeds? Unfortunately when A bull Terrier defends himself he is branded a dangerous dog, so unfair!Staffs and Pits invariably are wonderful with children and other pets in the family and friends group, it is only the minority of dogs which turn on people, and that is mostly because they have been ill-treated themselves, so they bite out of fear. So it follows, there is no such thing as a bad dog, only a bad owner.Bull terrier awareness groups do exist. I don't know where you live, but if you look on the Staffy website, you will find the Secretary of the Staffy club nearest to you, if you contact them they will give you all the details you need.All the best to you.

• There are plenty of breed clubs you can join, all listed here:http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/87Some are mainly concerned with show matters, others may have sub groups you would be interested in - check out their websites or ring round.I'm not a staffie owner nor ever will be, but even I get tired of the sheer ignorance of people towards this great breed