How do I deal with this dog behavior issue in my Lhasa Apso?

Whenever my dog and I are around each other, and anyone else tries to touch her or me, or walk her without me, the dog growls and tries to bite the other person. She is fine with other people, when I'm not around, or when she and I are close and others…

Whenever my dog and I are around each other, and anyone else tries to touch her or me, or walk her without me, the dog growls and tries to bite the other person. She is fine with other people, when I'm not around, or when she and I are close and others…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do I deal with this dog behavior issue in my Lhasa Apso?...

• How do I deal with this dog behavior issue in my Lhasa Apso?

How do I deal with this dog behavior issue in my Lhasa Apso? Dogs Training Discussions
      Whenever my dog and I are around each other, and anyone else tries to touch her or me, or walk her without me, the dog growls and tries to bite the other person. She is fine with other people, when I'm not around, or when she and I are close and others are farther away. It must be some kind of jealousy/possessive thing. She is trained and completely well-behaved other than this. Does anyone have any tips?

How do I deal with this dog behavior issue in my Lhasa Apso? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Because she tries to bite them when they try to walk her without you, I think it's a fear thing. She has also been allowed to develop "small dog syndrome". http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/topdog.htmhttp://www.dogbreedinfo.com/articles/smalltoydogs.htmSometimes the simplest way to get a dog over fear-based aggression is to have other people feed her her meals or, if it's away from home, bits of dry dog food or treats. Do not try to reassure or coddle her for the behavior (or let anyone else do it either) because she will perceive that as praise. Keep her away from people who coo at her, i.e, "aw, what's wrong?". Trust me on this.

• The reason your dog this is because you have shown her no leadership and she thinks she owns you. It's time to step up to the plate and do the right thing by obedience training this dog. If you don't and she bites someone not only will you be sued but your dog will probably be euthanised. She is not at all trained if she behaves like this.

• this is often a fear based behavior and the dog is saying leave me alone! the dog may also be doing some resource guarding of you. for that read the book MINE! which teaches you how to change this behavior without punishing or scaring your dog.www.fearfuldogs.com/books.html