How do I get my dog to stop being afraid of my cat?

I need to know to get him to stand up to himself. Because my cat try's to play with my dog and my dog gets scared. Basically I want to know how to get my dog to stand up to himself from the cat and not be scared of the cat. And I don't have time and…

I need to know to get him to stand up to himself. Because my cat try's to play with my dog and my dog gets scared. Basically I want to know how to get my dog to stand up to himself from the cat and not be scared of the cat. And I don't have time and…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do I get my dog to stop being afraid of my cat?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I get my dog to stop being afraid of my cat?

How do I get my dog to stop being afraid of my cat? Dogs Training Discussions
      I need to know to get him to stand up to himself. Because my cat try's to play with my dog and my dog gets scared. Basically I want to know how to get my dog to stand up to himself from the cat and not be scared of the cat. And I don't have time and money for obidence classes for my dog so I might be asking for a miracle.

How do I get my dog to stop being afraid of my cat? Dogs Training Discussions
    • If your cat isn't de-clawed, your dog has every reason to be afraid of the cat. A cat can do some serious damage to a dog. Your dog doesn't know that the cat wants to play. The ideal situation would have been if you got them both at the same time as a puppy and kitten. Then they would have grown up together. I don't know how you can train them now. I would make sure that the cat was de-clawed or your cat could really hurt your dog.

• It is good for the dog to fear the cat, because most dogs can kill cats unless they have a healthy respect for them. Leave them alone, they will work it out eventually between themselves if you don't interfere.