What can I do to keep dogs from disliking me?

I admit that I'm a cat person but I do love all animals. Dogs can smell the fear in me. What can I do to get over my fear of dogs? Since watching Marley and Me at the movies I would like to get to know dogs better.

I admit that I'm a cat person but I do love all animals. Dogs can smell the fear in me. What can I do to get over my fear of dogs? Since watching Marley and Me at the movies I would like to get to know dogs better....
    Dogs Training Discussions : What can I do to keep dogs from disliking me?...

• What can I do to keep dogs from disliking me?

What can I do to keep dogs from disliking me? Dogs Training Discussions
      I admit that I'm a cat person but I do love all animals. Dogs can smell the fear in me. What can I do to get over my fear of dogs? Since watching Marley and Me at the movies I would like to get to know dogs better.

What can I do to keep dogs from disliking me? Dogs Training Discussions
    • You need to be around dogs more like go to friend or relative's house that has dogs...You will see that they're very funny and loyal and that th ey are very gentle just pet them...you'll see

• try to block you energyits easy wants you get the hang of it....watch the dog whisperer on fridays on NatGeocome play my game.....easy 12 pointshttp://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AoUtvECoAYJBtyg8nIFyBKDsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090115143206AAjMmWN

• Dogs can get excited around new people and also sense a lack of confidence, try and walk tall and definitely around them, there's no need to give them attention right away. Keep your hands low, let them smell you and keep your eye contact high, they will sense your confidence. Take your time and wait for them to calm before meeting them properly.Good luck, all the best.

• First you must not hate dogs, even if you do not take fancy of them.A lot of Chinese and most Malays in Malaysia have been brought up to hate, not dislike, dogs from young. They always say dogs do not like them. The fact is that they threaten dogs the first time they see dogs. Dogs then remember them, the vicious cycle goes on.Mind you, like human being, there are always crazy ones around, minority may be.