How can I quiet my dog from barking at every little noise?

My dog barks at every little noise she hears , even door bells on tv send her up the wall. She is a little dog too so she is yappy. I wouldn't mind but we've moved into an apartment and i don't want her to be a nuisance to my neighbors. I know she's a…

My dog barks at every little noise she hears , even door bells on tv send her up the wall. She is a little dog too so she is yappy. I wouldn't mind but we've moved into an apartment and i don't want her to be a nuisance to my neighbors. I know she's a…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How can I quiet my dog from barking at every little noise?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can I quiet my dog from barking at every little noise?

How can I quiet my dog from barking at every little noise? Dogs Training Discussions
      My dog barks at every little noise she hears , even door bells on tv send her up the wall. She is a little dog too so she is yappy. I wouldn't mind but we've moved into an apartment and i don't want her to be a nuisance to my neighbors. I know she's a dog and she's going to bark but is there anyway i can quiet her when she goes absolutely crazy? Do those little clicking devices they advertise on tv work at all?Thanks for any suggestions!

How can I quiet my dog from barking at every little noise? Dogs Training Discussions
    • I have a chi and we live in an apartment for 11 years together. I wouldn't suggest any type of anti-bark collar for a little dog.Now, they do sell these little boxes, battery-operated, that emits a high-pitched noise everytime the dog barks--and the dog doesn't like the sound, so it is 'supposed' to teach them not to bark (or else they'll hear this sound). people cannot hear it.It upset my chi, so he would squeal and cry instead, which was worse than the barking!.I have a plastic bottle with a mist sprayer, for the plants, and I have sometimes used this, just to startle/distract my dog, should he start barking when he hears noises, etc.

• You need to identify the source of the problem, like if it is fear / anxiety. Spraying in the nose or bark collars can just make the problem worse and suface with other issues. Go to your vet see if there might be medications, check out a behaviorist. Drain energy, give the dog a healthy outlet, try obedience classes and finally treat the dog like a dog. Find a way of redirecting the focus to you, working with a clicker trainer could be very effective in this situation.