How to potty train a dog that was used to using the doggie door?

I am planning to adopt a dog from a rescue and the dog is housebroken from using a doggie door.. How would I train him to go potty without the doogie door and I also live in the apartments . Should crate train him and start from there? any tips would…

I am planning to adopt a dog from a rescue and the dog is housebroken from using a doggie door.. How would I train him to go potty without the doogie door and I also live in the apartments . Should crate train him and start from there? any tips would…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How to potty train a dog that was used to using the doggie door?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to potty train a dog that was used to using the doggie door?

How to potty train a dog that was used to using the doggie door? Dogs Training Discussions
      I am planning to adopt a dog from a rescue and the dog is housebroken from using a doggie door.. How would I train him to go potty without the doogie door and I also live in the apartments . Should crate train him and start from there? any tips would help thanks.

How to potty train a dog that was used to using the doggie door? Dogs Training Discussions
    • I would ask the shelter what they did so you can continue . Because I don't think they used a dogie door. . I would crate him when I'm not home and if gone long hours then would figure out how I could get home to walk him . many dogs prefer an area to urinated and relieve their poo. Walk him when you arrive and see what he likes to do. be patient if he holds everything when he gets home then if small enough you can use a litter box but if a big dog then you and he will need to figure out an schedule for the both of you. walk him in a park where many dogs go,don't forget your scooping things since many parks if dogs poo need to be picked up. I think you and the dog can figure out what is best and he will or she will want to please you. I have dogs that i rescued and if they did everything they could please me. I love animals and continue to rescue many animals they never cease to please me and the schedule we came with always worked. if ill and has diarrhea then it can be difficult but a dog love can transcend any time so enjoy your new dog.

• 7 easy steps to discipline your dog:1. Be contiguous in trainings – Dogs get trained by repeating acts. The more you repeat - the far better they learn.2. In no way call the dog for training on the command you use to call him to come. Many times you ought to go towards the dog until he learned the command.3. In no way hit your dog. The dogs are not perfect and sometimes they do points that may piss you off, but if you beat your dog, he will get afraid of you. Dogs bite not of malice but from fear.4. Often reward you pet as soon as creating what you desire him to do. No matter if the reward will probably be a treat or just some nice words.5. Don’t allow your dog to acquire dominating behavior. If the dog feels that has any influence upon anybody of your family, he will get out of hand.6. All of your loved ones should join efforts to discipline the dog. This really is quite important, because the dog must find his place inside loved ones (as they say “his role inside pack”).7. Don’t try to teach your dog tough and tough tricks at the quite commencing of his education. Start with easy commands.