How scared will my puppy be when I get home?

My puppy's first day home alone in his kennel ,he has some food and water , he dosnt like the kennel he only goes in it to eat. I'm nervous because I can't get home to see him and I don't know how shaken up he'll be when I get home. He was crying when I…

My puppy's first day home alone in his kennel ,he has some food and water , he dosnt like the kennel he only goes in it to eat. I'm nervous because I can't get home to see him and I don't know how shaken up he'll be when I get home. He was crying when I…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How scared will my puppy be when I get home?...

• How scared will my puppy be when I get home?

How scared will my puppy be when I get home? Dogs Training Discussions
      My puppy's first day home alone in his kennel ,he has some food and water , he dosnt like the kennel he only goes in it to eat. I'm nervous because I can't get home to see him and I don't know how shaken up he'll be when I get home. He was crying when I left then went outside he started howling he was really scared.

How scared will my puppy be when I get home? Dogs Training Discussions
    • He won't be scared when you get home, if anything he'll be ecstatic! He's probably gotten over it by now and gone to sleep.I hope you're not leaving him home alone for a long time, dogs are pack animals and may start being destructive if left home alone (keep everything you don't want chewed out of reach!) :D

• Hes not scared, the crate is not hurting him. He'll do fine, he's not gonna die or suffer from any emotional stress. Since the dawn of time dogs have been left alone or kept in kennels, and that's not likely to change.He won't be shaken up, he'll just miss your attention and when you are there to let him out to potty and then give him attention, he'll forget all about his past of being in the crate and move on. Dogs are very adaptable and "in the moment" creatures. He's howling and barking because he's whining for attention, not because he's scared. If you keep giving him attention, and keep caring more about his fear, than his needs to be kept in a crate and properly trained, you'll end up with a dog with "Separation Anxiety" a fearful temperament and sh*tty disposition.