Why is my puppy so agressive with me?

I have a three month old Dachshund Papillon mix and she's really sweet and friendly with everyone. My problem is that with me, she plays really rough. Her body language never expresses fear or anger, she's just playing, but she growls a lot and will nip…

I have a three month old Dachshund Papillon mix and she's really sweet and friendly with everyone. My problem is that with me, she plays really rough. Her body language never expresses fear or anger, she's just playing, but she growls a lot and will nip…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Why is my puppy so agressive with me?...

• Why is my puppy so agressive with me?

Why is my puppy so agressive with me? Dogs Training Discussions
      I have a three month old Dachshund Papillon mix and she's really sweet and friendly with everyone. My problem is that with me, she plays really rough. Her body language never expresses fear or anger, she's just playing, but she growls a lot and will nip at my hands, and ankles and occasionally even my nose! (Which hurts!) She's never this forward with anybody else. I'm trying to tell myself it's not because she has some secret grudge or dislike for me but I don't understand why she behaves this way and how I can change it.

Why is my puppy so agressive with me? Dogs Training Discussions
    • She's just exhibiting normal puppy behavior. Your job is to teach her bite inhibition. You have to teach her what is and is not acceptable behavior, and in no book is biting/nipping ever acceptable behavior. Discourage it now by yelping "OW!" and getting up and leaving the room. When you come back, give her a stuffed toy to play with. Eventually, she'll understand that biting and nipping stops play. Playing with toys, however, is okay! Once she gets all her shots, this would also be a good time to bring her to puppy socialization classes. It'll give your pup a fantastic head-start and it will undoubtedly introduce her to good doggie manners as well as good dog-human manners.

• You must show your dog that you are the pack leader. As soon as she behaves in a way you dislike, you must say 'No' very firmly and put her out of the room for a minute or two. Also turn your back if she misbehaves...this is what the pack leader does in the wild. Too many people treat dogs like babies and they aren't...they are wonderful, trainable, loyal animals and will give a lifetime of devotion but must learn to respect you.If you do not start now your little dog will think and act as if she is the pack leader.

• Dogs are pack animals,and within that pack they go thru the motions of establishing the alpha male (the leader).which is what you have to establish in the relationship with your dog,that you are the alpha person in the pack.I have a dauchsund male who is so bullheaded,I wonder if a hammer up side the noggin is the only thing he would understand.but then he flips on the charm and can be so loving the next moment.FOR the benefit of those reading this I do not abuse my dog,with a hammer.its only an illustration

• Wow! That sounds as if you were talking about my toy poodle when I first got her! (Except, she does this with almost everyone, although she prefers me, and gives me extra special treatment) If you're dog is going to grow up to be big, this wil be a problem. You need to show her some tough love, starting now!!! With my puppy, when she got mean, I would grip her snout so she couldn't open it (Not too tight!) and say "No! Bad dog! you don't do that!" and with TWO FINGERS Tap her nose. I never hit my dogs, I just tell them bad dog, point a finger, and two-finger tap their snout. Show her that it is NOT okay to play like that, and that you don't like it at all. It's all in the tone of voice you use. Make sure you sound angry, but not like your about to murder her. She thinks she's dominate over you, and you have to show her who's boss.As for my dog, I did just that, and no more growling, although she does like to snap to try to play-bite, since she's so little, and cute as a button, I do admit I let her get away with it (Although I probally shouldn't) But if she gets too out of hand, I put her back in line.

• She is being a puppy. Puppies tend to play fight a lot. This is part of being a dog. Teach your pup boundaries he shouldn't cross now. It's OK to play fight...but as soon as he starts hurting you make a loud noise like "Ouch" or "No", and this will get your pups attention. Then stop playing with him and walk away. This will show him that what he did was wrong and play time is over. Get him some chew toys. Dogs are like children and when they start losing the puppy teeth....they tend to chew a lot.Puppies tend to chew a lot to explore anyway. Don't forget they are like babies. They don't have hands so they explore with their mouths. Keep your pup busy with plenty of play time and chew toys.Teach your puppy what is allowed and what isn't. Remember you are the Alpha dog and need to establish that with your pup.Get some obedience training early on so that you will be happier in the long run.Good luck with your pup!!!