list of hunting or guard dogs more specific.?

im sorry i was not to specific. as many as YOU can think i don't care if i don't know all im asking is a list of how many dogs you can come up with. And to help you more the dog that are more used for hunting or for guarding like the rottweiler or german…

im sorry i was not to specific. as many as YOU can think i don't care if i don't know all im asking is a list of how many dogs you can come up with. And to help you more the dog that are more used for hunting or for guarding like the rottweiler or german…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : list of hunting or guard dogs more specific.?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• list of hunting or guard dogs more specific.?

list of hunting or guard dogs more specific.? Dog Breed Discussions
      im sorry i was not to specific. as many as YOU can think i don't care if i don't know all im asking is a list of how many dogs you can come up with. And to help you more the dog that are more used for hunting or for guarding like the rottweiler or german short haired pointer. i want a list of hunting or guard dogs if you can put as many as you can plz like the rottweiler,or doberman pinscher, or german shepherd dog, hunting dogs like the norwegian elkhound, german short haired pointer, or german wirehaired pointer? plz make a list of both or a big list of one of them thanks :)

list of hunting or guard dogs more specific.? Dog Breed Discussions
    • The dogs that weren't used for either would be a shorter list. All hounds and terrier were used for some sort of hunting. Many of the working breeds were used either for home protection or herd protection. Obviously the sporting breeds are hunting dogs, and some of the breeds under "Miscellaneous" are guard or hunting dogs.So basically, the only dogs that don't apply are the non-working and toy groups. Try the AKC website for lists of the breeds in these groups.

• The best guard dog I had was a pitbull terroir, but mine knew my friends and it only attacked when I said. On the show hog hunters or something they used pitbulls because once they bite, their jaws lock and can't unlock until they bite down all the way.

• Most dogs will guard the home instinctively but as far as breeds that are meant for it...RottweilerGerman ShepperdDoberman PinscherMastiffAmerican BulldogAkitaDarker coats are more deterring to an invader.

• There are so many different types of hunting dogs, it depends what your Definition is of what hunting should do. There are pointers (which point towards game), flushing spaniels (which scare the game out of hiding), then there are retrievers who retrieve the game when its is shot. Then there are dogs such as terriers who were bred to hunt and kill game. So a hunting dog could be anything out of the sporting group, gun dog group or hound group or terrier group depending on what you need them for. So i couldn't possibly list all the different hunting breeds, but some guard dogs areAmerican Bulldog (USA)Australian Cattle Dog(Australia)Australian Shepherd (USA)Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)South African Boerboel (these are particularly excellent at protecting humans along with the Rhodesian ridgeback)BoxerBullmastiffCaucasian Shepherd DogCane Corso Chow Chow Doberman PinscherDogue de BordeauxEnglish mastiffGerman ShepherdGiant SchnauzerKomondor KuvaszLeonbergerPuliRhodesian Ridgeback (Africa)RottweilerShar Pei Tibetan Mastiffagain some are good watchdogs, means they are more likely to scare of potential threats through how the look and act rather then attacking them like a guard dog would.Also certain breeds (such as the Australian Cattle dog) will need a HUGE amount of exercise.a lot of these dogs were bred to guard stock as well. I will list a few breeds for huntingGolden RetrieverIrish setterGreyhound (these are sight hounds)Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever Weimaraner Hungarian VizslaSchnauzerfoxhoundsJack Russel TerrierI hope that helps.