Is it a dominance thing when my puppy rests her head on me when shes sleeping?

I'm laying on the floor on my stomach doing my homework and my puppy has her head resting on my back while shes sleeping. Is that a dominance thing?

I'm laying on the floor on my stomach doing my homework and my puppy has her head resting on my back while shes sleeping. Is that a dominance thing?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Is it a dominance thing when my puppy rests her head on me when shes sleeping?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it a dominance thing when my puppy rests her head on me when shes sleeping?

Is it a dominance thing when my puppy rests her head on me when shes sleeping? Dogs Training Discussions
      I'm laying on the floor on my stomach doing my homework and my puppy has her head resting on my back while shes sleeping. Is that a dominance thing?

Is it a dominance thing when my puppy rests her head on me when shes sleeping? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Don't get confused from watching the dog whisperer.if you had a dominant aggressive dog he would look like my growling pup in the picture.99% of dogs are well behaved submissive social animals

• Yes, and no....1) It's dominance, or rather, submission and trust she is showing to you in that she has enough confidence and trust in you that she can fully put herself in your care and in your presence without fear or worry.2) It's a companion thing in that the dog is showing you how much it cares for you and wants to be around you.You're a lucky dog owner to have a dog like that...but then that's what all us companion dog owners long for in a dog.Papaw

• Quite the opposite - it's a bonding thing. It sounds like you didn't see the puppy with her litter. If you did, you'd have noticed she and her littermates slept in a big clump, puppies sleeping on top of puppies. They'll also sleep with their mom when they're very small for her warmth and protection. It's part of bonding and tied to survival - for warmth and protection. She'll likely always do this with you because you're her family now.