Howling Husky - Buddy for him?

Hey guys, my Sib Husky is 5months old now..nearly 6..Anycase, he suffers from a little bit of seperation anxiety..so basically whenver i leave the house, he howls all the time..and iv received a couple complaints from the neighbors already.I dont leave…

Hey guys, my Sib Husky is 5months old now..nearly 6..Anycase, he suffers from a little bit of seperation anxiety..so basically whenver i leave the house, he howls all the time..and iv received a couple complaints from the neighbors already.I dont leave…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Howling Husky - Buddy for him?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Howling Husky - Buddy for him?

Howling Husky - Buddy for him? Dog Breed Discussions
      Hey guys, my Sib Husky is 5months old now..nearly 6..Anycase, he suffers from a little bit of seperation anxiety..so basically whenver i leave the house, he howls all the time..and iv received a couple complaints from the neighbors already.I dont leave him outside..as a number of dogs have been stolen lately in the surrounding neighborhoods. Anycase, he stays inside my place, but he howls loud enuff for the next door people to complain.I was told by a couple of people, that getting another active puppy..that the 2 of them will end up playing together etc.And that he will feel less lonely..cause at the end of the day, my dogs not suffering from seperation anxiety from me....but from anyone!Sometimes if i leave i ask a buddy to take care of him..and iv actually had 3 different people take care of him on occasions i needed to go out..and he behaves just fine!Bottom line...he hates being alone in the house or yard. So...im assuming getting another dog should ease that problem...no?If so, will getting another husky be a problem? As i know they love to howl..and im worried the howling of the one will fuel the other one!At times, when i play with him, if i make a little howl sound, he will immediately start howling..and just worried that il be sitting with 2 problems at the end of the day. Perhaps another breed?Please let me know..cheersRicardo from South Africa.

Howling Husky - Buddy for him? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I think he'd enjoy it and probably love the company BUT...They'd both probably howl and it's hard to raise two Huskies they're a high energy breed.

• Ricardo, I have a 2 year old Malamute, he luckily doesnt do this, but it is tough to leave him alone all day... dogs are pack animals and would do MUCH better with friends to provide stimuli while they are home alone.My advice to you is, get a lower energy breed to "bring down the husky's energy" rather than another high energy breed to elevate it. This way, while you are not home, the dogs will remain at a lower energy level because the new dog wont want to run, jump, chew, etc.. all day long, but would rather play, then sleep. lolMy advice, youre in south africa, and my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE breed of dog is native to your country.... seriously consider pickin up a South African Boerboel. Big, hearty, able to play rough with the husky, but lazy enough to be inactive indoors.Think about adopting a young, and I stress YOUNG, boerboel... or a puppy. They'll play all day and keep eachother company.

• Huskies love company for they are very social creatures. I recommend another husky because they will be active with each other while getting a different dog that is completly different might throw off the husky and want to sleep when the husky wants to play.I have 7 Huskies, they love the company.

• agree with peter griffin, i have a 9mth old husky and a 5yr old staffy both are male and i have no problems when i go out the husky keeps my staffy boy active and great with other dogs and my staffy calms down my baby hukyy, he dont howl that much unless i get him to do it but he will chat alot to you, but i know ofr sure if either were left on their own like one may need a trip to the vets sy, the other will cry and pine for the other so now they go every where together, so yes your pup will be so much better with another dog, if it has a heart beat, moves and is warm he wont care, i dont thinkit will matter if its another husky but i would keep in mind their energy levels and size, dont think a yorkshire terrier would be great, lol! and yes if you cant keep your husky with you all the time then he will howl and pine and distroy your home unless he has a play mate i was told when i got mine but we had our staffy anyway, so hope to of helped some and happy puppy hunting