How can I help my chihuahua puppy?

We have recently rescued a puppy that was living in poor conditions. He was covered in fleas. He has since been cleaned up and taken to the Vet's. The problem is, though he has no more fleas, he continues to scratch and has developed a rash. How can I…

We have recently rescued a puppy that was living in poor conditions. He was covered in fleas. He has since been cleaned up and taken to the Vet's. The problem is, though he has no more fleas, he continues to scratch and has developed a rash. How can I…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I help my chihuahua puppy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can I help my chihuahua puppy?

How can I help my chihuahua puppy? General Dog Discussions
      We have recently rescued a puppy that was living in poor conditions. He was covered in fleas. He has since been cleaned up and taken to the Vet's. The problem is, though he has no more fleas, he continues to scratch and has developed a rash. How can I ease his discomfort? What caused the rash?

How can I help my chihuahua puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • Sometimes dogs get mange, or a dermatitis rash, which affects their undercoat, and skin. You can wash him again with warm water, and a germicidal soap. Then use a skin conditioning shampoo on him. Rinse him really good, because any detergent agents left behind will dry out his skin, which could make the problem worse. He'll love you for it. I'll bet he's adorable...post some pics.