i have a bullmastiff and people think hes a pit?

i have a brindle bullmastiff who is a year old hes a pure bullmastiff [seen mum dad other puppies ]got his papers but people are always asking asking me is he a pit shouldnt he be muzzled etc [i live in the uk] i must admit hes the 1st brindle ive seen…

i have a brindle bullmastiff who is a year old hes a pure bullmastiff [seen mum dad other puppies ]got his papers but people are always asking asking me is he a pit shouldnt he be muzzled etc [i live in the uk] i must admit hes the 1st brindle ive seen…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : i have a bullmastiff and people think hes a pit?...

• i have a bullmastiff and people think hes a pit?

i have a bullmastiff and people think hes a pit? Dog Breed Discussions
      i have a brindle bullmastiff who is a year old hes a pure bullmastiff [seen mum dad other puppies ]got his papers but people are always asking asking me is he a pit shouldnt he be muzzled etc [i live in the uk] i must admit hes the 1st brindle ive seen in a long time and never in scotland but they are 2 entirely differant dogs wouldnt you say and there is big differancepetcomp i think the breed of dog you have is outstanding

i have a bullmastiff and people think hes a pit? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Of course there is a difference but you are expecting common sense from people who know jack about dog breeds. You just happen to have one of oh say 20 breeds that are called "pitbull' just get used to it and simply just nod your head, politely correct them and keep walking.

• There is a big difference in looks and size. I have shown Bullmastiffs for many years and no one in the US every made that mistake.Just educate the people who question you and ignore the ones that are rude. They are a gentle breed. My first Bullmastiff was a brindle and he was beautiful.

• I have 3 Boerboels, South African Mastiffs, and they are always mistaken for Pitts or when they were younger Boxers. Every time I take them out for a walk or to the pet store for toy day, they get called Boxers or Pitts or some sort of hound. I realize it's because few people here in the USA know about the breed so I end up talking about them for over a half hour, move to another isle, and there's another person asking the exact same questions.*sigh* Boerboels are bigger than Pitts, stronger than Pitts, and have a completely different body composition. The Bull mastiff is close but has a shorter muzzle and doesn't have the muscle definition as Boerboels. Imagehttp://www.pulldoggies.com/boerboel.htm