Why does my kitten insist on licking/sucking the spit from my dogs mouth?

Sometimes this can go on for really long periods of time and only when my dog is asleep. My dog is female and kitten is male.Can anybody help. I find it really weird and also rather gross.

Sometimes this can go on for really long periods of time and only when my dog is asleep. My dog is female and kitten is male.Can anybody help. I find it really weird and also rather gross....
    General Dog Discussions : Why does my kitten insist on licking/sucking the spit from my dogs mouth?...

• Why does my kitten insist on licking/sucking the spit from my dogs mouth?

Why does my kitten insist on licking/sucking the spit from my dogs mouth? General Dog Discussions
      Sometimes this can go on for really long periods of time and only when my dog is asleep. My dog is female and kitten is male.Can anybody help. I find it really weird and also rather gross.

Why does my kitten insist on licking/sucking the spit from my dogs mouth? General Dog Discussions
    • How old is your kitten? I'd be willing to bet that he was taken from his mother much too young. Kittens NEED to stay with Mom until they are 10 or 12 weeks old. Even if they are eating solid food and Mom no longer feeds them, she still has lots to teach them. Your kitten is feeling anxious and lonely and suckling on your dog comforts him. He might grow out of this eventually. Be patient with him, he's just a BABY!