When a dog goes through US customs, do they take them out of their crate or leave them in?

I am flying my dog back to the US a few days before I fly and a friend is picking her up. I want to know if the customs workers will take her out of her kennel to "inspect" her or just leave her in there? She has to have a health certificate to fly but…

When a dog goes through US customs, do they take them out of their crate or leave them in?

I am flying my dog back to the US a few days before I fly and a friend is picking her up. I want to know if the customs workers will take her out of her kennel to "inspect" her or just leave her in there? She has to have a health certificate to fly but…...
    General Dog Discussions : When a dog goes through US customs, do they take them out of their crate or leave them in?...

• When a dog goes through US customs, do they take them out of their crate or leave them in?

When a dog goes through US customs, do they take them out of their crate or leave them in? General Dog Discussions
      I am flying my dog back to the US a few days before I fly and a friend is picking her up. I want to know if the customs workers will take her out of her kennel to "inspect" her or just leave her in there? She has to have a health certificate to fly but will that be enough or do they have to do a physical inspection?

When a dog goes through US customs, do they take them out of their crate or leave them in? General Dog Discussions
    • Why aren't you flying at the same time as your dog? I think it will be traumatic enough for your dog in the cargo hold of a plane and then to not have you there at the end of the flight will add to the dog's trauma. Is there a reason for the separate flights?