When a dog goes through US customs, do they take them out of their crate or leave them in?

I am flying my dog back to the US a few days before I fly and a friend is picking her up. I want to know if the customs workers will take her out of her kennel to "inspect" her or just leave her in there? She has to have a health certificate to fly but…

When a dog goes through US customs, do they take them out of their crate or leave them in?

I am flying my dog back to the US a few days before I fly and a friend is picking her up. I want to know if the customs workers will take her out of her kennel to "inspect" her or just leave her in there? She has to have a health certificate to fly but…...
    General Dog Discussions : When a dog goes through US customs, do they take them out of their crate or leave them in?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• When a dog goes through US customs, do they take them out of their crate or leave them in?

When a dog goes through US customs, do they take them out of their crate or leave them in? General Dog Discussions
      I am flying my dog back to the US a few days before I fly and a friend is picking her up. I want to know if the customs workers will take her out of her kennel to "inspect" her or just leave her in there? She has to have a health certificate to fly but will that be enough or do they have to do a physical inspection?

When a dog goes through US customs, do they take them out of their crate or leave them in? General Dog Discussions
    • Why aren't you flying at the same time as your dog? I think it will be traumatic enough for your dog in the cargo hold of a plane and then to not have you there at the end of the flight will add to the dog's trauma. Is there a reason for the separate flights?