Would an older dog keep my puppy in check?

My puppy is...well very "hyper" she barks at other dogs and just doesnt know how to play nice, i was wondering if maybe and older adult dog would keep her in check, put her in her place a bit so when we go out she isnt haveing a complete meltdown…

My puppy is...well very "hyper" she barks at other dogs and just doesnt know how to play nice, i was wondering if maybe and older adult dog would keep her in check, put her in her place a bit so when we go out she isnt haveing a complete meltdown…...
    General Dog Discussions : Would an older dog keep my puppy in check?...

• Would an older dog keep my puppy in check?

Would an older dog keep my puppy in check? General Dog Discussions
      My puppy is...well very "hyper" she barks at other dogs and just doesnt know how to play nice, i was wondering if maybe and older adult dog would keep her in check, put her in her place a bit so when we go out she isnt haveing a complete meltdown everytime she sees a dog.

Would an older dog keep my puppy in check? General Dog Discussions
    • No.. if you have a bad dog, adding another dog is never the answer.. You need to spend more time with her, more socialization, more exercise and more training. When she is well behaved, then consider adding a 2nd dog

• Are you thinking about getting another dog or letting her have play dates with other dogs? You should probably take the puppy to puppy training classes and hopefully that will help. I have 2 grown German Shepherds that have gone over to my neighbors yard when I need to feed him. I turn him loose and my dogs let him rough house with them, but when he gets to be too much, then they "attack" him. (They don"t draw blood - they just put him in his place). I have a 5 year old male shepherd -neutered - and an 8 year old female shepherd who is spayed. It can be a good idea, but at the same time YOU need to teach the puppy the basic commands so that your puppy is enjoyable to be around!!!!