Will regular pepper spray work on a dog, trying to attack you?

That's all I have, & I'm scared of dogs, & there are many loose dogs in the area I live in. I have an anxiety disorder, so I can't help but to be scared.

That's all I have, & I'm scared of dogs, & there are many loose dogs in the area I live in. I have an anxiety disorder, so I can't help but to be scared....
    General Dog Discussions : Will regular pepper spray work on a dog, trying to attack you?...

• Will regular pepper spray work on a dog, trying to attack you?

Will regular pepper spray work on a dog, trying to attack you? General Dog Discussions
      That's all I have, & I'm scared of dogs, & there are many loose dogs in the area I live in. I have an anxiety disorder, so I can't help but to be scared.

Will regular pepper spray work on a dog, trying to attack you? General Dog Discussions
    • It will work. Aim it at the dog's eyes and nose and it will do the trick. I am sorry you are scared of dogs. There are so many nice ones out there. However if they are loose you never can be sure. If you want to avoid using the pepper spray (like if you are unsure whether it is a mean dog or not) just avoid looking the dog in the eye. Dog's consider that a challenge. So, don't look directly at a stray dog, don't run (unless you have to), ignore them and go on past if you can. If you do all these things you may be able to avoid spraying the dogs. If you feel you are in danger though, spray enough to disable the dog and get to safety as quickly as possible.