south African boerboel questions?

i really like this breed but i have a few questions1. can they really tell if a person is good and bad?2. i know they are an athletic mastiff, but after say an hour of running are they hyper inside the house or calm? i love the laid back personality of…

i really like this breed but i have a few questions1. can they really tell if a person is good and bad?2. i know they are an athletic mastiff, but after say an hour of running are they hyper inside the house or calm? i love the laid back personality of…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : south African boerboel questions?...

• south African boerboel questions?

south African boerboel questions? Dog Breed Discussions
      i really like this breed but i have a few questions1. can they really tell if a person is good and bad?2. i know they are an athletic mastiff, but after say an hour of running are they hyper inside the house or calm? i love the laid back personality of mastiffs is this breed like this?and do they like to be with you and have to always be touching you i like that too.

south African boerboel questions? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Personally I am not familiar with this particular breed of mastiffsHere is a script of text along with a website that could better help you and has information on all your questions."They will guard their family, friends and property with their life. When the owners are not home they will not allow anyone to enter the home, unless they know them very well. When welcomed visitors arrive they will accept them after being properly introduced. This breed requires a dominant owner. The authority the owners project over the dog should be so strong that the dog will not bolt out the front door when it is opened."

• Exercise :The Boerboel can be exercised in a large yard with enough space to run and play, but needs to be taken on a long daily walk. Boerboels love to play and enjoy a game of ball.Living Conditions: The Boerboel is not recommended for apartment life. It should have a large, fenced in yard but should not be left alone, since it is very protective and sometimes does not take too well to strangers. I found that on wikipedia .... hope it helps :)

• 1. no, I don't think so.2. mastiffs in general (with the exception of maybe boxers) are not hyper dogs. some have more energy (Boerboel, Dogo Argentinos, Cane Corsos) but they all tend to have a more calm personality than say a retriever or a spaniel.3. They typcially bond with one owner and are wary of strangers. They need a dominant owner and lots of socialization with other dogs and people from an early age to keep them from becoming reticent.