My dog barks at trucks and bumps outside, how can I get him to stop?

Car doors, commercial trucks, he's the barking dog in the area, how can I calm him down so that he only barks when someone knocks on the door?

Car doors, commercial trucks, he's the barking dog in the area, how can I calm him down so that he only barks when someone knocks on the door?...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog barks at trucks and bumps outside, how can I get him to stop?...

• My dog barks at trucks and bumps outside, how can I get him to stop?

My dog barks at trucks and bumps outside, how can I get him to stop? General Dog Discussions
      Car doors, commercial trucks, he's the barking dog in the area, how can I calm him down so that he only barks when someone knocks on the door?

My dog barks at trucks and bumps outside, how can I get him to stop? General Dog Discussions
    • Same here.... Unless he is a puppy, it's too late. He is barking because he wants to protect you. He wants you to know that something is happening. Dogs have different minds then us, and you have to remember that. He is trying to do no harm.

• I have a dog that does the same thing. Drives me crazy. I was told that a shock collar was the only way to break him. It only gives a small shock when they are barking excessively. I'm going to try it, we just can't take it anymore!