The carpet is still wet months after my dog urinated there. What gives?

So, my dog found two areas in the house she deemed suitable for urination, repeatedly doing so until being trained otherwise. It's been months now, but these two areas still feel damp and are definitely stained. I'm concerned that it's sunk into the…

So, my dog found two areas in the house she deemed suitable for urination, repeatedly doing so until being trained otherwise. It's been months now, but these two areas still feel damp and are definitely stained. I'm concerned that it's sunk into the…...
    General Dog Discussions : The carpet is still wet months after my dog urinated there. What gives?...

• The carpet is still wet months after my dog urinated there. What gives?

The carpet is still wet months after my dog urinated there. What gives? General Dog Discussions
      So, my dog found two areas in the house she deemed suitable for urination, repeatedly doing so until being trained otherwise. It's been months now, but these two areas still feel damp and are definitely stained. I'm concerned that it's sunk into the floorboards by this point. What course of action should one take to rectify this situation?

The carpet is still wet months after my dog urinated there. What gives? General Dog Discussions
    • We had a cat do that and i thought it was trained not to go there but it wasn't.The remedy is to steam clean and then use a professional sealant on the floorboards. Usually best to call a local flooring company to do it for you. The carpet however may be ruined.