Should I get an Airedale Terrier or an Irish Terrier?

I want a terrier. But I want a breed that is between the medium to medium large area. I want a loyal companion with a good temperament and a lot of energy. I am willing to train with a terrier and I love outdoor activities. If you have any other terrier…

I want a terrier. But I want a breed that is between the medium to medium large area. I want a loyal companion with a good temperament and a lot of energy. I am willing to train with a terrier and I love outdoor activities. If you have any other terrier…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Should I get an Airedale Terrier or an Irish Terrier?...

• Should I get an Airedale Terrier or an Irish Terrier?

Should I get an Airedale Terrier or an Irish Terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
      I want a terrier. But I want a breed that is between the medium to medium large area. I want a loyal companion with a good temperament and a lot of energy. I am willing to train with a terrier and I love outdoor activities. If you have any other terrier breed suggestions please let me know and tell me why you suggest so. Thanks.

Should I get an Airedale Terrier or an Irish Terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
    • There are many terrier breeds at shelters because owners get them and dont realize how hyper they are. It is great that you want a terrier, and are willing to exercise and train it a lot. But wouldn't you rather save a life of a dog that has no loving home and will be euthanized? If you must have a pure breed dog, would looking at a breed rescue be something you would consider? There are great dogs there too, and all pure bred. The rescues get the dogs because the owners dont want them anymore, they were cases of abuse/neglect, or the dog was pregnant when they got them and had puppies. Rescued dogs are the most loyal companions you will ever have. Because they know what its like not to have a good home, and are very grateful for you when they find it. Please consider it. If you give me the state you live in then I could help you find a breed rescue. Just do a search online for one in your area. Good luck!

• Hi,Airedale Terriers are the largest among the terriers. Here's more info:http://www.elfurl.com/gwpy8While, Irish Terriers are the farmer's friend and the gentleman's favorite. Here's more info:http://www.elfurl.com/ceixlHope these help you decide.