do airedale terriers make good dogs?

hello. im 15 years old and i lost my dog almost nine months ago. i have been looking up different dog breeds. my mom and dad want a medium sized dog and i looked up the airedale terrier since i have terrier experience. so if anyone has an airedale or…

hello. im 15 years old and i lost my dog almost nine months ago. i have been looking up different dog breeds. my mom and dad want a medium sized dog and i looked up the airedale terrier since i have terrier experience. so if anyone has an airedale or…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : do airedale terriers make good dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• do airedale terriers make good dogs?

do airedale terriers make good dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      hello. im 15 years old and i lost my dog almost nine months ago. i have been looking up different dog breeds. my mom and dad want a medium sized dog and i looked up the airedale terrier since i have terrier experience. so if anyone has an airedale or knows anything about airedales please tell me. oh and i also have a three year old sister.thank you. hope my question wasent confusing.

do airedale terriers make good dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • yes but they do have A LOT of health concerns like hip dysplasia,eye problems, and skin infection. they live to 10 - 13 yrs they have a non shedding double coat so you will might have to do hand stripping wich means pulling out dead hair by hand their Temperament they are independent, territorial dog breed. Initially suspicious of strangers, the they make a good watch dog

• Im sorry for the loss of your dog. It must be very sad. As far as Im aware airedale dogs are a great dog but they can get eye and ear problems quite often so I'd suggest a vet card or insurance. They usually live for around 9-15 years and have an average litter size of 8. They should get 1hr to 1 and a half hours of exercise a day and can grow as tall as 60 cm's. Airdales are known to be good with children so your little sister should be fine. They are friendly, adaptable and courageous dog showing all the terrier characteristics. They need firm handling as they can be stubbern sometimes but they are usually loving and obedient. They are easy to tain and make excellent family dogs because of there playfulness. They are also good guard dogs. They are usually black or grizzle and tan in colour. Some may have a little white between the front legs. An average Airedale costs £500- 800 as a puppy and it cost around £6 a week for food.Hope this is everything you need to know and if not have a look on google and type in Airdale dogs. I hope I helped and good luck xxx

• Airedale Terriers are used to hunt game and are also used for working dogs. They have no problem with livestock but if they are not properly trained, then they will annoy the livestock. This dog is intelligent, strong-minded, and are stubborn but is also a great dog with a sense of humor.