As anyone's dog ever recovered from a stroke?

Hey. I've been really worried about my dog recently. He contracted this ear infection which makes him dizzy and ill, and he doesn't want to eat much.Apparently its something which older collies like him tend to get. The vet has prescribed him some…

Hey. I've been really worried about my dog recently. He contracted this ear infection which makes him dizzy and ill, and he doesn't want to eat much.Apparently its something which older collies like him tend to get. The vet has prescribed him some…...
    General Dog Discussions : As anyone's dog ever recovered from a stroke?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• As anyone's dog ever recovered from a stroke?

As anyone's dog ever recovered from a stroke? General Dog Discussions
      Hey. I've been really worried about my dog recently. He contracted this ear infection which makes him dizzy and ill, and he doesn't want to eat much.Apparently its something which older collies like him tend to get. The vet has prescribed him some tablets which he's going to take.I'm just worried that he might have got a stroke. Is there any hope for dogs to recover from that?

As anyone's dog ever recovered from a stroke? General Dog Discussions
    • it would depend on how severe a stroke. mild ones could recover. severe ones probably not. but it sounds like he's just dizzy from the ear infection. i've had ear infections where i couldn'd stand up and when i could my friends told me i walk sideways. hoping that the tablets work fast for you.

• I'm not sure if the same is true for dogs, but my cat went into a diabetic coma and had a stroke at the same time she went on to live another 1 1/2 years until i had to put her down. If your dog had a stroke you vet can confirm that but there are usually sever side effects from it. My cat ended up being 80% blind (what the vet figured) and was partially brain dead. She lived pretty much a normal life but i was only 15 at the time and didn't know the extent of the stroke/ coma injuries or i would of had her put down instantly.