What kinda big breed dog do you think would be good for my friend?

My friend has a small house and she wants a big dog but im not one to list off alot of big breed dogs...Should i get her a dog like mineI have a german shepherd a siberian husky and an australian shepherdShould i get her one of those... Maybe?

My friend has a small house and she wants a big dog but im not one to list off alot of big breed dogs...Should i get her a dog like mineI have a german shepherd a siberian husky and an australian shepherdShould i get her one of those... Maybe?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : What kinda big breed dog do you think would be good for my friend?...

• What kinda big breed dog do you think would be good for my friend?

What kinda big breed dog do you think would be good for my friend? Dogs Training Discussions
      My friend has a small house and she wants a big dog but im not one to list off alot of big breed dogs...Should i get her a dog like mineI have a german shepherd a siberian husky and an australian shepherdShould i get her one of those... Maybe?

What kinda big breed dog do you think would be good for my friend? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Adopt a retired racing greyhound. They are always in need of homes. After their racing carrer is over they become really lazy. They love to sleep and lay around with their owner. They arent very good with stairs though.But in the book retired racing greyhounds for dummys it states that greyhounds are great aptartment dogs. And if this person does look into it. Make sure they ask questions because some greyhounds arent good with small animals like cats. Females in my opinion are the most calm. They still need to be walked like around the block a few times once a day. They also need to be watched very carefully when it comes to being outside. They are very fast dogs and if they see something they like and want to chase it. Itll be hard to get them back.

• It really kinda depends on one's LIFESTYLE. Yes, size of living situation does play a key role too. But you really gotta know your lifestyle. one breed that I know of: Great Dane (Great Danes generally have no problem laying around and being lazy. However of coarse like any dog they still do need some exercise. RESEARCH this giant breed good! Because as most giant breeds do, great danes can have some major health issues such as bloat. And also you must know know in general, and cost wise what you are getting into with a giant breed like this. These guys can eat A LOT. Keep in mind too that they generally live shorter lives about 7-8 years.Try dogbreedinfo.comanddogs101, I frequently use these however I do feel better about dogs 101. You can watch some episodes on animalplanet.com But I usually get on youtube.com and watch them.Hope this helps

• What about how much exercise shes willing to give it, how long will it be left alone for? how much she can stand the grooming and hairs everywhere, her lifestyle basically.We cant just say any breed, because we don't know what you want in a dog and how much time and effort you can take care in a dog, sorry.

• Ok I am totally agreeing with Indiana Axle. Greyhounds are tall, graceful beautiful dogs with a personalty to suit. unfortunately they are often thought of strictly as racers and rarely considered a family pet, but greyhounds actually make fantastic pets and can be cherished new members of almost any family, just look them up on YouTube and see for yourself G.A.P (greyhounds as pets) is a good place to start. I wont lie greyhounds do come with some baggage but then what new pet doesn't, for instance it is true they are not great with small fluffy animals but there are adoption agency's that will test them for comparability with this.A lot of racers have never even seen a house before as they often spend there lives in a crate when not racing, again adoption agency's will help with this.Though I personally think they are stunningly beautiful, many people are put off greyhounds because of there unique look. Take my father for instance he wasn't at all keen on greys for that reason, until one day he had to attend a meeting with his colleges at someones home. well that someone happened to have adopted a greyhound. when my father came home he said this "it was like royalty gracefully walked in the room and everyone felt privileged to meet her".so to answer your questionGreyhounds are good in apartments. Males weigh between 65 to 85 pounds and stand 26 to 30 inches tall at the shoulder. Females weigh 50 to 65 pounds and stand 23 to 26 inches tall at the shoulder. A Greyhound is a large dog, but their movements are graceful. This breed is not "in-your-face" and "in-your-way" every minute of the day. They often curl up in a tight ball when they sleep and are happy to just be in the same room with their person. Because of this they tend to fit into the household routine quickly.