Can you feed a pet house spider hot slices of hot dog?

I ciayght a house spider ( small wolf-spider) and I give it water and am trying to give it small microwaved pieces of hot dog...I am too lazy to go buy crickets, will he eat it and survive off it?

I ciayght a house spider ( small wolf-spider) and I give it water and am trying to give it small microwaved pieces of hot dog...I am too lazy to go buy crickets, will he eat it and survive off it?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Can you feed a pet house spider hot slices of hot dog?...

• Can you feed a pet house spider hot slices of hot dog?

Can you feed a pet house spider hot slices of hot dog? Dogs Training Discussions
      I ciayght a house spider ( small wolf-spider) and I give it water and am trying to give it small microwaved pieces of hot dog...I am too lazy to go buy crickets, will he eat it and survive off it?

Can you feed a pet house spider hot slices of hot dog? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Do you know anything about wolf spiders? Have you positively identified the spider as a wolf spider?I had a wolf spider, he was not my pet..he lived in my garage. The reason why they are called WOLF spiders is because they will chase their prey down to eat...so your question about some nuked piece of "hot dog" is nothing but an object to which grow mold.Let the spider go in an area away from your house.

• Sadly, spiders cannot chew solid foods or digest them.This is the very reason for the venom and fangs.Spiders exclusively eat other arthropods, and some of the largerspecies may eat a small rodent or reptile.Wolf spiders are active hunters, and run down their prey.Any insect not contaminated with pesticides or parasites is finefor your pet. A pinhead cricket or roach daily will keep it well fed,and raw water is not needed. a tiny piece of apple or pear willkeep it from dehydrating.here is a site that may help set up a terrarium and care for it.http://petbugs.com/resources/Information/Arachnids/You can compare a wolf spider much like a tarantula,and you can do a search for a care sheet, or forums for yourparticular spider.