How do you keep dog and cat hair off the wooden floors?

i have wooden floors, a black cat, and a white dog. Both Long hair. I know sweeping everyday is the best way but is there any roombas, or little things that anyone does that makes this not a daunting task? I cannot keep them outside cuz of ticks.

i have wooden floors, a black cat, and a white dog. Both Long hair. I know sweeping everyday is the best way but is there any roombas, or little things that anyone does that makes this not a daunting task? I cannot keep them outside cuz of ticks....
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do you keep dog and cat hair off the wooden floors?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you keep dog and cat hair off the wooden floors?

How do you keep dog and cat hair off the wooden floors? Dogs Training Discussions
      i have wooden floors, a black cat, and a white dog. Both Long hair. I know sweeping everyday is the best way but is there any roombas, or little things that anyone does that makes this not a daunting task? I cannot keep them outside cuz of ticks.

How do you keep dog and cat hair off the wooden floors? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Dog and Cat owners are recommended to groom their pets daily. Each morning and night take a comb or a cat/dog hair brush (found usually by the pet food isle in your local grocer) And brush their hair out, while throwing away the excess hair. Also, To keep them clean until a bath, Whip them down with chemical free aloe baby whips. This is a safe and effective way to keep them smelling clean until there bathes.

• Dye the floor black and white, so it is less noticed. That and lower wattage light bulbs.Seriously, I have hardware floor, multiple cats, and they also track litter across areas of the floor. I have a small vacuum cleaner that I use daily to go over the areas of tracked litter, and I also use a Swifter dry mop on the floor. It is great to pick up loose fur. It really only takes a few minutes, and is certainly cheaper then a Roomba.

• The best solution is to use a micro fiber dust mop and go over the floor once a day. It will take a couple of minutes. I would recommend Bona hardwood floor cleaner as a spray when needed.

• If your pets like brushing, I'm a HUGE advocate for the FURminator. It's great. Gets rid of a bunch of dead hair. Totally worth the sticker price.Maybe a mini/portable/stick vacuum will be faster, they are cheap, under $30. Roombas are pretty pricey, so I haven't tried them. I get lazy and vacuum my kitchen before I sweep to get the big piece of fluff/food.Wood floors are awful. I had so much stuff stick to my feet and socks when I lived in a place that had them.Good luck.