what is your daily schedule with the dogs?

I'm trying to make a good one for my high energy dogs, can you please share yours?Also, where do you buy dog backpacks? Also can breeds that weren't bred to pull sleds or carts enjoy something like that? (like a jack russell/beagle and border…

I'm trying to make a good one for my high energy dogs, can you please share yours?Also, where do you buy dog backpacks? Also can breeds that weren't bred to pull sleds or carts enjoy something like that? (like a jack russell/beagle and border…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : what is your daily schedule with the dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what is your daily schedule with the dogs?

what is your daily schedule with the dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
      I'm trying to make a good one for my high energy dogs, can you please share yours?Also, where do you buy dog backpacks? Also can breeds that weren't bred to pull sleds or carts enjoy something like that? (like a jack russell/beagle and border collie/retriever)I'm just trying to find jobs for them to exercise them ENOUGH lol. I got some good tips so far to use the backpacks on walks, just looking for more, thank you!

what is your daily schedule with the dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
    • i let her out, feed her play with her she tacks i nap i let her out give her a snake we go for a long walk i let her off the leash to do some running we go home she eats dinner i let her out then we go to bed. she loves and she sleeps the whole nite wiht out getting up

• 1) 5:30 am- First walk of the day (1hr and 30-45 minutes)2) 7:00 Breakfast (Raw prey model)3) I start working at 7:30. (Work/live same place)4) 11:00ish individual training sessions, 10-20 minutes each5) Pack lunches for the kids I sit and take them and both dogs to park.6) Let dogs run and play off-leash7) Go home and goof off till 5 when I get off.8) 6pm Scooter or pull the wagon 14 miles.9) Dinner at 7:30 (Orijen kibble)10) Crates at 9:30 for bedtime.All breeds can 'scooter' however you have to do most of the work for small breeds. They make carts small enough that you can put a water bottle or two in and I'd check Granite Gear for packs. ALL DOGS CAN DO WORK, just make sure you get a vet's certificate of health before putting any type of equipment on them so they don't get hurt.

• Well, my 'high energy' border collie is a lazy couch warmer. So, I can't offer much in the way of suggestions from personal experience on that. I do take him on daily jogs, but he wouldn't chase after a ball or frisby to save his life! Lazy dog!But as for the dog backpacks... I bought one for my border from RuffWear. They sell three sizes and two styles. I bought a medium Palisades II pack, which we use when hiking and camping.I also hear excellent things about the packs from WolfPacks. I considered buying from them, but opted for the RuffWear because the Palisades pack can be detached from the harness & had a built in water reservoir, too. I sometimes use the harness alone on long trips to seatbelt him into the truck.After some practice time (and lots of treats!) Zappa learned that his pack meant we were going to do something fun! He loves running around in the woods with it and carries his own food & snacks on the trail.Just be careful not to overload your dog or put too much weight on too quickly. Work up to it in stages. I started off with an empty pack, then a few light items, balanced equally on both sides.. then moved up to a can or two of beans on each side. It takes some time for the dog to understand he can still walk & run & jump with the pack, and also to realize that he is /wider/ with the pack. (Zappa still occasionally gets stuck between branches with his pack if he hasn't gauged it right.)The WolfPacks website has some excellent tips on dogpacking and how to estimate how much weight is acceptable.It's a lot of fun, especially if you're interested in camping with your dog! Good luck!

• Up at 6:20 in the morning and out to pottyFeed the dogsPlaytimeCrate the dogsGo to workHome for lunch40 minutes of playingCrate the dogsBack to workHome at 4:30Out to potty1-2 hour walkfree playtime in the housefeed the dogsout to pottybedtimeOne night a week my dogs go to flyball and on Saturdays my fosters go to adoption events. On Sundays my dogs go for a 5-10 mile hike.I highly recommend some kind of training like flyball, agility, SAR, etc. to help burn off energy and keep them mentally stimulated.Any dog can be a backpacker. Just be sure the pack and its contents are appropriate for the size of the dog. Check Fosters & Smith or PetEdge for decent backpacks.

• 5:30am (ish): Get up, take Rott pup out to potty5:45am (ish): Feed Rott pup6:15am (ish): Take Rott pup out to pottyPlaying inside...7:30am (ish): One last potty break7:40am (ish): Into crate until daddy gets up9:30-10am: Both pups out for potty and walks10:30-11am: Both pups eat11:45-12am: Both pups potty2pm: Rott into crate, Shiba into bathroom with crate5:45-6pm: Both pups out for potty and walks6:30-7pm: Both pups eat7/7:30pm: Both pups pottyInside play with brief breaks for training8:45-9pm Rott into crate (he is still chewing things, so he can't be out when he can't be fully supervised...I nap on the couch from this time until hubby gets home...Shiba doesn't chew, so she has freedom to sleep in crate or do whatever)12/1am: Both pups potty and walks1:30/2am: Both pups eat/play2:30am: Both pups potty2:35: Rott in crate, Shiba stays in bedroom/bathroom area while we sleep, Rott will have same freedom once chewing stage is gone and he doesn't have any accidents in the house.

• My dogs get fed in the morning between 6:30-7:30am. They have usually already been let out for a quick pee/poop. After breakfast they can either go into the yard to play, or they go back to bed. Sometime around 11am we go for an hour long walk in the woods, off leash. Back home they get a kong or bone and chill out for a few hours. They can go out in the yard if they like before dinner around 5:30-6:30. Back out if they like and if I'm into it, for some frisbee tossing. This happens more in the warmer weather. Too much snow,most of the frisbees are buried. I've got 2 border collies and 2 cockers, I also do home boarding of dogs.www.fearfuldogs.com

• Well first try to roll her over. Then get her outfit on.Then she eats. Then I usally take her to doggy daycare. When I pick her up I let her go potty then I walk her with her sweater. Then I let her sleep.Then she eats again. Then we wait for her tummy to settle. Then we play for the rest of the time. Intil bedtime.