How to introduce a dog and cat?

I have a jack-russell-terrier, he is very laid back and lazy but can get nasty if you get on the wrong side of him.(4 times in his whole life -he is nearly 6). How should I indroduce a kitten and at what age. The kitten is relaxed and at 9 weeks. When…

I have a jack-russell-terrier, he is very laid back and lazy but can get nasty if you get on the wrong side of him.(4 times in his whole life -he is nearly 6). How should I indroduce a kitten and at what age. The kitten is relaxed and at 9 weeks. When…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How to introduce a dog and cat?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to introduce a dog and cat?

How to introduce a dog and cat? Dogs Training Discussions
      I have a jack-russell-terrier, he is very laid back and lazy but can get nasty if you get on the wrong side of him.(4 times in his whole life -he is nearly 6). How should I indroduce a kitten and at what age. The kitten is relaxed and at 9 weeks. When should I indroduce them properly and how?

How to introduce a dog and cat? Dogs Training Discussions
    • keep the dog on a leash and allow the dog and kitten to sniff each other.if there areany signs of aggression from either side pull them both away.do this several times during the day. gradually allow a long leash.some dogs take to cats easy(and vice versa) but sometimes they will never get along.I had a pitbull who got along great with my 3 cats.