How to get rid of my dog without my boyfriend knowing its on purpose?

Okay before you call me selfish you must know I'm a serious animal lover I have 2 dogs and a snake and have had pets growing up my whole life.. But after having our first dog together for about a year I made the huge mistake of letting him get a puppy,…

Okay before you call me selfish you must know I'm a serious animal lover I have 2 dogs and a snake and have had pets growing up my whole life.. But after having our first dog together for about a year I made the huge mistake of letting him get a puppy,…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How to get rid of my dog without my boyfriend knowing its on purpose?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to get rid of my dog without my boyfriend knowing its on purpose?

How to get rid of my dog without my boyfriend knowing its on purpose? Dogs Training Discussions
      Okay before you call me selfish you must know I'm a serious animal lover I have 2 dogs and a snake and have had pets growing up my whole life.. But after having our first dog together for about a year I made the huge mistake of letting him get a puppy, anyways the puppy is a year old now and I can't stand him, he's just not a good dog after trying to train this dog for this past year he still poops and pees in the house on the couch on the bed gets into the trash everytime we turn our head has been kennel trained since we got him but as soon as he's put in his kennel he yelps barks and whines driving our neighbors nuts, my other dog is so well behaved I just don't understand.. I've talked to him about getting rid of him befor and he gets so angry with me but the fact is the dog is not only a Menis but I'm stuck with the burden of taking care of him bc my bf won't walks him hates going to the dog park and is broke, I even put all the morning towards getting this dog fixed hoping he would start behaving better and it has not helped one bit... I care for him cause like I said I'm an animal lover but I can't afford his vet cost we live In a apartment which is just not enough space and maybe he will be better off in another home because I'm about run all out of money and energy tryin to train this dog and trying to love him... Someone please help me

How to get rid of my dog without my boyfriend knowing its on purpose? Dogs Training Discussions
    • You can't get rid of the dog without your boyfriend knowing. Even if you try, the truth will come out.Honestly, do you see yourself staying with somebody like this? Who is lazy, unreliable, and gets angry because you ask him to take care of his dog? Dump the boyfriend and get your own place.

• The only way to solve this(without lying) is to put your foot down, but I'm not saying go out and have a great big screaming match, just let him know all of the reasons you've put here, if he doesn't get the message and isn't willing to put in the effort maybe you should get rid of both... And if that fails, sell it and say it ran away, you can even put up posters and comfort him with ice cream while he watches sad movies about dogs

• Bigger question here.... Why in the world would you ever want to stay with a man who is lazy, can't take care of his commitments and is a poor provider? Sounds like you need to get rid of the boyfriend, not the dog.This dog obviously seems like one that needs more attention, more training and more than what your home can provide. I would arrange for him to be taken to a no-kill shelter and give a hefty donation. Make sure that you tell the shelter his name and take some toys with him. There's nothing crueler than dumping a dog and not even giving something as simple as their name and their favorite toy to comfort them.

• It will be unfair for the dog to be abandoned, it's not his fault. Dogs misbehavior always leads to owners fault.Anyways if you insist on getting rid of him, if he's a purebreed dog, give him to one of those purebreed dog rescue group(eg if you have a Labrador, get him to Labrador rescue group), they will help him find a more suitable family that can teach him the basics. Or if he's a mix breed, get him to one of those no kill shelter and hopefully someone will adopt him. But please think twice about abandoning, you could get a trainer to teach you how to potty train and crate train him properly before you gave up on him.

• I agree with everyone else.... Leave the guy, he sounds worthless. I think a no kill shelter is.the best way to go, but you'll probably have to pay a fee. Unless you know someone who wants the dog. You have to do this for yourself because your boyfriend has made it apparent that he isn't going to do anything. So he can either be mad about the dog and you can be content, or he can continue to not contribute and force you to live in unwanted circumstances. Whatever you decide to do good luck, don't let somebody else's life cause you to not be content. Find someone who makes you happy and treats animals the way you do.

• Oh please don't give up on the dog... Please don't! Don't dump him at a shelter, either! Do you have any family members that will be willing to take him in? Just give him another chance. That is just the puppy phase of a dog's life. It may be annoying and frustrating, but the puppy needs time to mature.. You need to find a better paying job(if you even have one). When you get your puppy fixed, there attitude changes immediately. It changes from a loud, annoying puppy into a quiet, gentle puppy. You will not waste your money on that. Nothing is ever too little to do for your puppy. I'd suggest neuter the puppy.