what should I look for in a dog training/behavior school?

I love cesar millans techniques and I dont want to do anything that he calls using human psychology on a dog. So with that in mind what should I look for in a dog training school? Is there a difference between dog psychology and dog training or is that…

I love cesar millans techniques and I dont want to do anything that he calls using human psychology on a dog. So with that in mind what should I look for in a dog training school? Is there a difference between dog psychology and dog training or is that…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : what should I look for in a dog training/behavior school?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what should I look for in a dog training/behavior school?

what should I look for in a dog training/behavior school? Dogs Training Discussions
      I love cesar millans techniques and I dont want to do anything that he calls using human psychology on a dog. So with that in mind what should I look for in a dog training school? Is there a difference between dog psychology and dog training or is that all one in the same?

what should I look for in a dog training/behavior school? Dogs Training Discussions
    • its different but good luck finding a training school that teaches "dog psycholgy" just because Ceasar does it one way doesn't mean the others don't work. They do. And have been used for thousands of years to train dogs.

• Your best bet is to try to find a trainer reference from someone you know. I found mine on a dog rescue site and it was the best money I ever spent. Remember, there are many different ways to train dogs just as their are many different dog trainers.

• You are better off apprenticing under a successful trainer who uses the methods that you are interested in. The best trainers are not those who have gone to school but those who have trained 100's of dogs with different temperaments, problems, and owners. Remember every dog you train comes attached to a person so you need good people skills. Likewise don't discount different training techniques as not every technique works for every dog no matter what you see on TV. There are many different ways to train dogs.