What's the best treat to give my dog during training?

I have a 12 week old female english bull terrier and we're trying to get a head start by training her at home. She's enrolled in a wonderful private dog training facility but she doesn't start until she's 16wo. She's very food motivated but I feed her…

I have a 12 week old female english bull terrier and we're trying to get a head start by training her at home. She's enrolled in a wonderful private dog training facility but she doesn't start until she's 16wo. She's very food motivated but I feed her…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : What's the best treat to give my dog during training?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What's the best treat to give my dog during training?

What's the best treat to give my dog during training? Dogs Training Discussions
      I have a 12 week old female english bull terrier and we're trying to get a head start by training her at home. She's enrolled in a wonderful private dog training facility but she doesn't start until she's 16wo. She's very food motivated but I feed her high quality dog food (taste of the wild bison), and I don't want to just give her any old treat. What are some brand names of high quality treats that are easy to give to puppies when training? TIA

What's the best treat to give my dog during training? Dogs Training Discussions
    • any freeze dried liver treats are ideal for training. They have no additives, they are just liver and are irresistable to dogs and pups of all ages and breeds. Both my picky pom and my chessie will do anything for them, and they are healthy.

• Train Me's, Newmans own, Natural Balance Food Rolls (we dice them into bite sized treats), wellness treats, My dogs usually like more moist foods during training. Switching it up helps too because they always like something new to keep theyre attention

• You need something that is small and low in calories. Also, if you are using them during obedience class you should get something that is soft so that your dog can eat it quicker. I can't recall the brand, but I found some all natural liver and cranberry treats at Petsmart and my dog loved them. I think they were only 1 calorie each.