Your dog killed your other dog from playing?

Has any of you experienced your dogs playing at a point where they played too rough, one of them actually dies due to injury or something? or suddenly play time turns to a fight? and has any of you experienced because of playing turned fight, the dogs…

Has any of you experienced your dogs playing at a point where they played too rough, one of them actually dies due to injury or something? or suddenly play time turns to a fight? and has any of you experienced because of playing turned fight, the dogs…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Your dog killed your other dog from playing?...

• Your dog killed your other dog from playing?

Your dog killed your other dog from playing? Dogs Training Discussions
      Has any of you experienced your dogs playing at a point where they played too rough, one of them actually dies due to injury or something? or suddenly play time turns to a fight? and has any of you experienced because of playing turned fight, the dogs started hating each other like enemies?

Your dog killed your other dog from playing? Dogs Training Discussions
    • The two females I had as a kid got along fine 99.9% of the time. Every once in a while, play would turn into something else. Several times one of them would require stitches, and once we had to push them both into our pool to get them to release each other. Neither was every seriously hurt, and they always played fine shortly after.It tends to be worse with same-gender pairs, even if both are fixed (which ours were). Two females can be worse than two males! If you are having this issue, try examining when they fight. We realized that, with our dogs, treats were usually the problem. When we gave them both consumable treats, one would wolf hers down and the other would save it, then carry hers around and taunt the first dog. We had to stop giving them things like rawhide, bones, or anything that couldn't be eaten immediately. It nearly completely eradicated the problem. Is there a couch they both like, do they seem to fight when you are paying one more attention? Try to figure out the trigger, and you should be able to stop them (mostly).

• Well my friends Portuguese water dog accidentally crushed their toy poodle to death while playing but your situation sounds like a fight for dominance between the 2 if it doesn't only happen when they are playing. This is very common when you have 2 dogs of the same gender living together and it can escalate till one badly injures or kills the other, you can try getting them neutered or spayed if they arnt already.

• my boxer broke my puppy labs leg while playing, her leg got stuck and my boxer like rolled over on her and SNAP! but was only play no aggression at all. My best friends shepard killed her hound dog they were playing then all of a sudden a fight broke out and the shep got her by the neck and it was all over then she couldn't pull em apart. I think there was something wrong with the shep tho she ended up having to put it down it started attacking ppls dogs randomly and then got aggressive at ppl :(

• What the person said about Pit Bulls is rubbish.I have 4 Pit Bulls and they all play great together. I've never had one of my dogs attacking another, except when we took in a rescue Collie and she attacked my Pit Bull. Neither were hurt seriously though, just a little scratch above my Pitties eye.