How do you get a dog to share nicely?

If a dog plays with one of my dogs toys, shes fine with it but if she has a toy in her mouth, like a rope or even a stick, and another dog tries to grab the other end she'll snap at em. Can this be fixed?

If a dog plays with one of my dogs toys, shes fine with it but if she has a toy in her mouth, like a rope or even a stick, and another dog tries to grab the other end she'll snap at em. Can this be fixed?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do you get a dog to share nicely?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you get a dog to share nicely?

How do you get a dog to share nicely? Dogs Training Discussions
      If a dog plays with one of my dogs toys, shes fine with it but if she has a toy in her mouth, like a rope or even a stick, and another dog tries to grab the other end she'll snap at em. Can this be fixed?

How do you get a dog to share nicely? Dogs Training Discussions
    • sure. just reverse millions of years of evolution and developed instinct to protect resources...or, alternatively, you could just avoid the situation and remove the toy.

• Ever hear the term "dog in a manger"? Theres a reason for it - dogs understand "mine" very well. No dog will share willingly.The only way to avoid arguments is to make the toys YOURS in everyones eyes, in which case you can determine who is allowed to play with them.