What is the most commonly owned Terrier breed? Which is the least?

Which Terrier breed makes the best pet? Which makes the worst? (Ex. Better suited for a job than being specifically a pet)What is the largest Terrier? What is the Smallest?

Which Terrier breed makes the best pet? Which makes the worst? (Ex. Better suited for a job than being specifically a pet)What is the largest Terrier? What is the Smallest?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the most commonly owned Terrier breed? Which is the least?...

• What is the most commonly owned Terrier breed? Which is the least?

What is the most commonly owned Terrier breed? Which is the least? Dog Breed Discussions
      Which Terrier breed makes the best pet? Which makes the worst? (Ex. Better suited for a job than being specifically a pet)What is the largest Terrier? What is the Smallest?

What is the most commonly owned Terrier breed? Which is the least? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Smallest has to be the Yorkshire Terrier, and biggest is the Airedale Terrier or Black Russian Terrier (BRT is larger, but I've head it doesn't count as terrier)Depends on job. They were bred to hunt down and kill rats and other small mammals.But the Bull Terrier breeds were mainly bred for bull baiting.

• I think the jack russell terrier makes the best pet ! they are small but act all big and they are soo cute ! they are smart and hard working and they are very strong and muscular for their size. They are one of the most well known but i also looooove pit bulls !!

• Irish terriers tend to be on the job rather than being a pet, but most terriers are hard wired to kill. The word terrier means to tear, as in tear flesh. Glen of Immal and sealyham terriers are the most mellow that I know of. but they are hard to find in the US. The most commonly owned has got to be the pit bull terrier. There are so many different kinds of terriers, if you wish to own one you should research ones that interest you. The diversity is pretty astounding, and an all terrier show is quite interesting. My favorite is the scottish terrier. http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/scottishterriers.html