How should I teach my dog to play fetch?

What strategies should I use to teach my dog to play fetch? I really want to ply fetch with my dog. Any hints and tips will help. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What strategies should I use to teach my dog to play fetch? I really want to ply fetch with my dog. Any hints and tips will help. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How should I teach my dog to play fetch?...

• How should I teach my dog to play fetch?

How should I teach my dog to play fetch? Dogs Training Discussions
      What strategies should I use to teach my dog to play fetch? I really want to ply fetch with my dog. Any hints and tips will help. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How should I teach my dog to play fetch? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Fetch is all about repetition, throw the kong, and praise and or give a treat when they bring it back. If they do not bring it back right away call the dog. if they do not come when called act uninterested and they will probably come back to you. Praise and reward when they do the action you want and they will catch on. NEVER EVER USE A TENNIS BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! A tennis ball can get lodged in their throat and they can choke to death.

• Wave the ball in front of ur dog's face. act all peppy and talk to him/her. make him/her excited, then start to higher the ball to maybe shoulder length. if the dog is interested, he/she will try to get it by jumping or acting like he/she wants it. this is when u toss the ball. start with shorter lengths. getting ur dog to bring back the ball will take a while. call your dog's name loudly and wag a treat out where you want your dog to come. he/she should immediately come and want the treat. give he/she it. repeat this until ur dog gets the hang of it.good luck!