How do I get my dog to stop being such a sneak?

I was making a sandwich and I went to get something else from the fridge. I went back to the counter and couldn't find my tomato. When I went into the living room I saw my 2 year old hound dog playing with a red all. Hence ,my tomato. How do I get…

I was making a sandwich and I went to get something else from the fridge. I went back to the counter and couldn't find my tomato. When I went into the living room I saw my 2 year old hound dog playing with a red all. Hence ,my tomato. How do I get…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do I get my dog to stop being such a sneak?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I get my dog to stop being such a sneak?

How do I get my dog to stop being such a sneak? Dogs Training Discussions
      I was making a sandwich and I went to get something else from the fridge. I went back to the counter and couldn't find my tomato. When I went into the living room I saw my 2 year old hound dog playing with a red all. Hence ,my tomato. How do I get her to stop taking things from the counter??

How do I get my dog to stop being such a sneak? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Scold her. Learn to put your things closer to the center of the counter. You could catch her in the act, and scold her then, so she knows what she's doing is wrong. It will take some time for her to cut her bad habit, but be patient, and you should get her to understand what you want.

• Honestly I think this is vey normal behavior. Your dog is not actively plotting to be a sneak. She's doesn't have the slightest idea that she's doing something wrong. Children do the same thing, so we learn to put things up higher and away from reach.It's up to you to make certain your dog can't grab things off the counter. You can scold her, but if this is her worst offense...you've got a pretty terrific dog!deeLic. Wildlife Rehabilitator, 17 yrsFormer Dir DRS Animal ER