is it possible to train my dog to play soccer?

If it is how can i do that? Ive always really wanted to train my dog to play soccer if this is possible how?

If it is how can i do that? Ive always really wanted to train my dog to play soccer if this is possible how?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : is it possible to train my dog to play soccer?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• is it possible to train my dog to play soccer?

is it possible to train my dog to play soccer? Dogs Training Discussions
      If it is how can i do that? Ive always really wanted to train my dog to play soccer if this is possible how?

is it possible to train my dog to play soccer? Dogs Training Discussions
    • I think you can , I THINK1) Play with a soccer ball around your yard and your dog will follow you, if he doesn't throw the ball near him (don't hit him) 2) Near the goal tell him to sit and then kick the bal and if your dog follows it you say no and tell him to sit again you hit the ball and he must not go follow the ball3) You tell him to hit the ball near the goal and if he does it right give him a treat Then idk but it's possible

• I'm a big soccer fan and ever since my dog was a puppy I would go out and play and she would chase me around. Now that she is older our playing has escalated a lot! I don't know if this is what you mean but when I play outside she chases me and attacks my feet (like another player trying to get the ball) when she does get the ball she runs with it in her mouth and if I kick the ball into the net she will sometimes attempt to stop it with her body. If this is what you mean, I think that your dog will just learn over time. Seeing what she is "supposed" to do in a game of soccer

• I have two dogs who play "soccer". One is a Miniature Pinscher. We use a very small tennis ball, and she chases and brings it back when I kick it. Her prey drive causes her to pounce on the ball and not let it get very far.The other is a Cattle Dog. We use a large plastic horse jolly ball. She plays SOCCER. I am planning on signing her to a South American soccer team, as she is the best blocker I have ever seen.Her herding drive causes her to block my kick and return the ball to the goal every time. Didn't really have to train her to do this, it was instinct. This is her favorite game.If your dog has the right drive, just start playing with the ball and see what happens. Get excited about the behaviors you want the dog to have over the ball, and ignore the ones that interfere with the actual game.I do not recommend a real soccer ball, as it is too easy for the dog to puncture the ball, pick it up and walk away with it. Learned that through experience.....