Is it ok to let your dog eat a coconut?

after draining the liquids from inside a coconut, I let my dog play with the shell. He can't get into the inside of it, but he chews on the outside and licks the crack of the opening. Is this ok? Or will it make him sick?

after draining the liquids from inside a coconut, I let my dog play with the shell. He can't get into the inside of it, but he chews on the outside and licks the crack of the opening. Is this ok? Or will it make him sick?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Is it ok to let your dog eat a coconut?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it ok to let your dog eat a coconut?

Is it ok to let your dog eat a coconut? Dogs Training Discussions
      after draining the liquids from inside a coconut, I let my dog play with the shell. He can't get into the inside of it, but he chews on the outside and licks the crack of the opening. Is this ok? Or will it make him sick?

Is it ok to let your dog eat a coconut? Dogs Training Discussions
    • I'm not sure about a coconut.Now, I'm no expert, but I believeit might not be the 'best' toy for your littlefriend, but I really can't say.If you watch your dog play with it, I'mguessing it's slightly ok.Now, if somehow your dog can stilltaste the coconut, you might want to watcha few days to see how their stomach reactsto it. Their stomachs are like ours, some justdon't do well with it...

• I would be afraid if he cracks off pieces of the shell it could cause stomach problems. I thought at first you were talking about the meat part, because my Min Pin eats all types of fruit and vegetables. I've never had him refuse anything I was eating- including pineapple apples oranges watermelon

• my cousin had a dog that loved to husk and eat coconuts. It's doesn't do them any harm but it can make their poo a little soft for a bit. It's not any everyday treat but it's ok sometimes.