if a dog eats almost a pound of brown sugar is it toxic?

My dog ate almost a pound of brown sugar, can this be toxic?

My dog ate almost a pound of brown sugar, can this be toxic?...
    General Dog Discussions : if a dog eats almost a pound of brown sugar is it toxic?...

• if a dog eats almost a pound of brown sugar is it toxic?

if a dog eats almost a pound of brown sugar is it toxic? General Dog Discussions
      My dog ate almost a pound of brown sugar, can this be toxic?

if a dog eats almost a pound of brown sugar is it toxic? General Dog Discussions
    • Well its most likely not toxic. but i your dog ate that much then he will probably be throwing up so my advice is to give him lots of water. you cant force a dog to drink but just make sure its clean. and take him on short walk because he may be able to get it out of his body. if he eats the grass let him that means he wants to throw up.....or he just likes the taste...haha but dont make the walk to long or it can upset his stomach. good luck!

• Not that I know of. You're going to have a really hyper dog with a pretty bad stomach ache later though. If your dog shows signs of getting sick, take him to the vet. If he eats grass, let him (unless they're sprayed with pesticide of course), it'll help his stomach. Keep him hydrated.

• toxic? probably not. im sure it will cause a killer tummy ache though. imagine if you ate a pound of brown sugar. id say just let him drink water, i wouldnt feed him the rest of the night as it may cause his belly to hurt more or have a full feeling. i think hell be fine...might throw up a little though.