Are dogs in pain when they are put down?

My dog had bone cancer. He was in a lot of pain before and i couldn't see him struggle everyday to stand and just be selfish. He was put down this morning and he had this pained look different from before. The doctors say he's sedated but do they feel…

My dog had bone cancer. He was in a lot of pain before and i couldn't see him struggle everyday to stand and just be selfish. He was put down this morning and he had this pained look different from before. The doctors say he's sedated but do they feel…...
    General Dog Discussions : Are dogs in pain when they are put down?...

• Are dogs in pain when they are put down?

Are dogs in pain when they are put down? General Dog Discussions
      My dog had bone cancer. He was in a lot of pain before and i couldn't see him struggle everyday to stand and just be selfish. He was put down this morning and he had this pained look different from before. The doctors say he's sedated but do they feel anything? I feel like a horrible owner now and i just can't think clearly.

Are dogs in pain when they are put down? General Dog Discussions
    • I want to assure you that this process was not painful at all for your dog. They are very professional about it. Don't feel like a horrible owner; I have put down two dogs in my lifetime. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your dog. Bone cancer is awful.

• You dog felt no pain. you are his hero for setting him free from his misery and pain. you should feel happiness for helping your dog from suffering. you did the right thing.