Will Dog treat chicken jerky hurt a cat?

Ok so we got our dog these chicken jerky stick but my cat goes crazy for them, stealing the entire bag if he can get ahold of it. I thought it was fine to give him one every once in awhile but my mom told me to stop cause it might ruin his urinary track…

Ok so we got our dog these chicken jerky stick but my cat goes crazy for them, stealing the entire bag if he can get ahold of it. I thought it was fine to give him one every once in awhile but my mom told me to stop cause it might ruin his urinary track…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will Dog treat chicken jerky hurt a cat?...

• Will Dog treat chicken jerky hurt a cat?

Will Dog treat chicken jerky hurt a cat? General Dog Discussions
      Ok so we got our dog these chicken jerky stick but my cat goes crazy for them, stealing the entire bag if he can get ahold of it. I thought it was fine to give him one every once in awhile but my mom told me to stop cause it might ruin his urinary track and start peeing everywhere. Is there any harm from a cat eating the dog chicken jerky treats???

Will Dog treat chicken jerky hurt a cat? General Dog Discussions
    • Cats have different protein/amino acid requirements. Feeding him some dog treats sometimes is not going to hurt him, but regularly feeding dog food to a cat will ruin his health.

• What's in the treats? Extra carbs aren't good for cats with urinary tract issues. Read the ingredients. If it's straight up chicken, it's fine.. it's healthy in fact :) If there's wheat or corn or things like that in there, keep it to a rare treat or avoid altogether if possible.