What kind of dog would be good for me?

I want a dog that can live in an apartment and cuddle on the couch with me. I also want the dog to enjoy a good long walk and a romp in the dog park. I want it to be good with kids as well. To make my husband happy lol it should be between 30-50…

I want a dog that can live in an apartment and cuddle on the couch with me. I also want the dog to enjoy a good long walk and a romp in the dog park. I want it to be good with kids as well. To make my husband happy lol it should be between 30-50…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What kind of dog would be good for me?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What kind of dog would be good for me?

What kind of dog would be good for me? Dog Breed Discussions
      I want a dog that can live in an apartment and cuddle on the couch with me. I also want the dog to enjoy a good long walk and a romp in the dog park. I want it to be good with kids as well. To make my husband happy lol it should be between 30-50 pounds full grown. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

What kind of dog would be good for me? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I'd go with well.... I'd say some sort of collie, personally I'm a fan of Rat Terriers, their head reaches up about 16" if they're regular and way about 14-16 pounds healthy. They're good sporting dogs, cuddly dogs, and have a good amount of enrgy.

• a Greyhound...i suggest rescuing a retired track dog! They are wonderful couch potatoes but also enjoy a walk in the park and they are very laid back and wonderful dogs to have around! Easy to train also!

• ~ Airedale Terrier~ Standard PoodleDoes your apartment allow dogs up to 50#?Boxers are cool, but I don't know about having one in apartment. A house with a yard would be better for them.

• boxers r gud bt can b a bit heavier. so, opt for a jack russel or a pit bull, (wen properly kept, pit bulls r lovely pets), try a spitz, or a pointer... now u gotta dcide which 1 is gud 4 u...

• A dog is not just a pet, it is really your companion and therefore really it is your personality that will determine what fit your new addition to the family will be. When I lived in an apartment before, I would not even consider a dog because the time of dog I prefer, a German Shepard is just too large for even a larger size apartment (with no yard).But if you are not a cat person and really want a canine, I would have to recommend a Beagle. They are friendly, mild tempered, and you will forever think of Snoopy every time you cuddle with them. They are perfect for long walks and especially a dog park.The reason I didn't recommend the smaller breeds is mostly because of the noise they make, lots of barking, which would be very annoying if I was your neighbor, and sometimes lots of medical problems too depending where they came from. And just call me old school, but a dog that fits in a bag or a purse isn't something I would really call cuddly.The link I provided shows many different breeds that would work in an apartment along with their pictures. Best wishes and I hope you will consider checking an animal shelter too before laying out big bucks at a pet store.