I have a 5year old Rottie and She is allways biting Her butt and around Her stubby Just this time of year?

Could it be fleas? or Thyroid?

I have a 5year old Rottie and She is allways biting Her butt and around Her stubby Just this time of year?

Could it be fleas? or Thyroid?...
    General Dog Discussions : I have a 5year old Rottie and She is allways biting Her butt and around Her stubby Just this time of year?...

• I have a 5year old Rottie and She is allways biting Her butt and around Her stubby Just this time of year?

I have a 5year old Rottie and She is allways biting Her butt and around Her stubby Just this time of year? General Dog Discussions
      Could it be fleas? or Thyroid?

I have a 5year old Rottie and She is allways biting Her butt and around Her stubby Just this time of year? General Dog Discussions
    • I would think that since it occours this time of year that its some type of allergy..it could be a flea allergy, or it could be an allergy to some kind of pollen.The vet could prescribe some type of allergy medication to help relieve the itching.. a cortisone shot may also help to provide relief.

• I have a 6 YR old rottie that does the exact same thing. Its fleas. my dog has a minor allergic reaction to the fleas in that area, right above the stubby tail. and the thyroid gland deals with metabolism, not skin. try some flea meds, and deposit them a little above that area, since she is biting there, yoiu dont want her to ingest it. if it doesnt clear up, go o the vets and get some higher strength meds. it could also be flea dermititis, which is an allergic reaction to fleas. my dog has this.