How does a Dogo Argentino compare to a Rottweiler, as far as training and handling, for a family pet?

I'm interested in getting a dogo argentino, I've read a lot about them and their temperament, but was wondering how their temperament and trainability is compared to other dogs, maybe like a rottweiler or any other more common breed.

How does a Dogo Argentino compare to a Rottweiler, as far as training and handling, for a family pet?

I'm interested in getting a dogo argentino, I've read a lot about them and their temperament, but was wondering how their temperament and trainability is compared to other dogs, maybe like a rottweiler or any other more common breed....
    Dog Breed Discussions : How does a Dogo Argentino compare to a Rottweiler, as far as training and handling, for a family pet?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How does a Dogo Argentino compare to a Rottweiler, as far as training and handling, for a family pet?

How does a Dogo Argentino compare to a Rottweiler, as far as training and handling, for a family pet? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm interested in getting a dogo argentino, I've read a lot about them and their temperament, but was wondering how their temperament and trainability is compared to other dogs, maybe like a rottweiler or any other more common breed.

How does a Dogo Argentino compare to a Rottweiler, as far as training and handling, for a family pet? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Hi well I have a do go and i am very familiar with the breed and honestly their temperament is a lot different than your average dog. They are very smart and can be trained easy. But they still have a mind of their own..But their great dogs to have..

• My dogo just turned three this last week and I have to say she is one of the best temperament dogs I have ever owned. I say this even over the three labs I have owned. This breed is very intelligent and learn quickly. Super easy to train. I will tell you this I know several dogo owners and they all say the same thing. Consistency is required for this breed. When I first got her she was eight weeks old and I spent a lot of time taking her to puppy classes for several reasons. One it was so that she became well mannered and two it is an important banding process for the two of you. It is also very important that if you get a dogo that you socialize him/her around other dogs from pup on up. This breed was requires a lot of exercise and mental stimulus. They were bred to run several miles. I walk my dogo atleast two hours a day, an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. They also do really well when they have a job to do. This breed wants to make you proud. They are super lovable and just want to do right by you. I recommend this breed to anyone that has time to exercise and properly train them.

• As a child I grew up with rottweilers...my mum bought me mine when I was 10 and she was an awesome dog who has since passed on. She was super easy to train, great with kids and just an overall wonderful dog! That said, I got a Dogo puppy about three weeks ago and my goodness, what a joy she is! She is extreemly intelligent and just a big lap puppy. She is very active and even at 10 weeks she walks for an hour in the mornings and then for about 45 minutes in the evening, along with lots of playing outside during the day. She already house and crate trained..it was very easy! I have two kids, five and two and she loves both of them already, especially my youngest and aside from the normal puppy nipping in the beginning (this quickly stopped with the right correction) she loves to play with them for hours on end.Since Ive only had my dogo for three weeks its hard for me to compare to the time that I spent with my rottweiler (she lived for 14 healthy years) but I defiently see that this Dogo as a wonderful, intelligent and very family loving dog.