Does anyone know what causes a dog to shake like they are frightend or cold?

Recently we had our baby girl spayed. She about 6 years old. Ever since shes been a totally different dog. Very jumpy, doesnt want to listen and she does this weird shivering like shes cold or scared. Im not sure why shes doing it. Does anyone know what…

Recently we had our baby girl spayed. She about 6 years old. Ever since shes been a totally different dog. Very jumpy, doesnt want to listen and she does this weird shivering like shes cold or scared. Im not sure why shes doing it. Does anyone know what…...
    General Dog Discussions : Does anyone know what causes a dog to shake like they are frightend or cold?...

• Does anyone know what causes a dog to shake like they are frightend or cold?

Does anyone know what causes a dog to shake like they are frightend or cold? General Dog Discussions
      Recently we had our baby girl spayed. She about 6 years old. Ever since shes been a totally different dog. Very jumpy, doesnt want to listen and she does this weird shivering like shes cold or scared. Im not sure why shes doing it. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Does anyone know what causes a dog to shake like they are frightend or cold? General Dog Discussions
    • I think it's just a nervous habit. My dog does it all the time and she's a little yorkie who has never been spayed. I think the smaller they are the more they shake.

• I think she's reacting to being spayed. My dog seemed a little edgy when we got her fixed, but after a while she was fine. I would give it some time, but if she's still acting like that after a few weeks, I would ask the vet.

• I have cats and pretty much always have but I was thinking abt. your question and I think your dog is nervous. She prob doesn't like going to the vet to begin with and after having surgery it probably just freaked her out so much it might take a while for her to calm down. You should call and ask your vet though. She sounds really scared. Maybe something at the vet scared her?

• I have a cocker and she just recently started shaking,it didnt take me long to figure out she has to go number 2, but for some reason she was afraid to go outside.

• Some dogs do display a 'shaking' experts claim there's many reasons why this may happen. Smaller dog do it often and when they get older this will happen more often. Its could be anxiety, excitement. Normally not fear. It all depends on the situation, she may shake for all these reasons, just watch her carefully and notice any slight changes when it starts happening and if her ears are up or down , to tell what kind of mood she's in

• Sounds like anxiety. My lab used to get the shakes when we have bad, loud thunderstorms. The anxiety has generalized some now; she starts to shake when she hears loud rain. We try to take her mind off of it by active play, which works only some of the time.

• It could be emotional, such as nervous, easily spooked, traumatized from her experience at the vet. It could also be that your dog got nerve damage somehow during her surgery and has tremor caused from that. OR it could be that the dog has coincidentally developed some sort of neurological condition like we would associate with palsy or Lou Gherig's in people.

• I would definitely have her checked out at the vet since she didn't do this for 6 years previously.My dogs (miniature schnauzers, 2 years old) do it if they are 1) trying to tell me something (hungry, need to potty) 2) nervous about something or 3) really are just cold.Have her checked out though.