How to train an akita?

Since they are very dominant, I want know how to train an akita , im planning to get 1 but im a 1st time owner so I would like some tips please ... thnx

How to train an akita?

Since they are very dominant, I want know how to train an akita , im planning to get 1 but im a 1st time owner so I would like some tips please ... thnx...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How to train an akita?...

• How to train an akita?

How to train an akita? Dog Breed Discussions
      Since they are very dominant, I want know how to train an akita , im planning to get 1 but im a 1st time owner so I would like some tips please ...

thnx

How to train an akita?

How to train an akita? Dog Breed Discussions
    • i think you should get a different breed of dog, you will find that you will not get a lot of pleasure out of owning a dog like that , unless you intend to frighten the whole neighbourhood. you should get a dog that compliments your type of personality and you will find that dog will be a pleasure to own. I come from Scotland and akitas are not very well liked, infact we dog walkers avoid them at all costs because they are unpredictable and when they attack thay always go in for the kill.

• An Akita needs plenty of proper socialization as a puppy - this requires a lot of dedication and hard work. You should take your Akita to dog friendly public places on a regular basis, and let him go at his own pace, greeting people and receiving treats. No interaction should be forced, especially if your dog appears unsure of the situation. Everything needs to be very positive and upbeat, so your Akita can see that people are good, they bring food and petting and praise. Most people are very willing to help someone properly socialize their new dog, and this shouldn't be too difficult. You might also consider signing up for a puppy training class, where your dog will get to interact with other dogs, while learning basic obedience commands (a very important skill.) Clicker training is a positive form of training that uses a small box with a tab in the center that makes a distinctive clicking sound when pressed. Clickers are available at pet stores and they make training fun, easy, and rewarding - there are some good books out there on the subject, as well. Plenty of exercise will also be helpful in keeping your Akita healthy and happy. Good luck!