What is the best performance border collie breeder?

I have two border collies that I show in agility, and I am thinking about getting another one. I love training, and I have the perfect life for border collies! Thank you to anyone who answers!I live in the United States, but it doesn't matter where in th…

I have two border collies that I show in agility, and I am thinking about getting another one. I love training, and I have the perfect life for border collies! Thank you to anyone who answers!I live in the United States, but it doesn't matter where in th…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the best performance border collie breeder?...

• What is the best performance border collie breeder?

What is the best performance border collie breeder? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have two border collies that I show in agility, and I am thinking about getting another one. I love training, and I have the perfect life for border collies! Thank you to anyone who answers!I live in the United States, but it doesn't matter where in th world the dog comes from. The breeders that I got my other BC's from very rarely have litters, so I can't get one from them.

What is the best performance border collie breeder? Dog Breed Discussions
    • None. I only purchase my Border Collies from top notch USBCHA trainers who only breed working lines. Most performance dogs are from AKC lines. AKC breeders are breeding the work ethic out this wonderful breed of dog. I own 5 working Border Collies. I will have nothing to do with AKC. Mine are all registered with ABCA.

• why don't you go back to the person you got your other two from if they are both healthy and are good at what you want them to do? You haven't said what country you are in or where you live so how is anyone going to tell you the answer to your question?

• This lady breeds wonderful agility and herding dogs.She is located in California and you can contact her through her website.You might have to wait for a puppy, check her web page though and see what litters she has planned.http://www.dogagility.net/ADD: HERE IS A LINK TO THE BREEDING PAGEhttp://www.bordercollie.tv/Here is a little bio about her breeding program from her webpage.Welcome to Contact Point Border Collies. At Contact Point Border Collies we strive to produce great performance Border Collies. Contact Point Border Collies are bred for excellent temperament, good health, drive, bidability, and natural working talent.Karen Moureaux is the breeder of Contact Point Border Collies and has owned Border Collies since 1989. Karen and her Border Collies have competed in a variety of dog sports including Agility, Herding, Flyball, Obedience, and Scent Hurdles.Karen and her first Border Collie, ADCH Dusty Dallas Rose MX, MXJ, CDX, FDCh, competed on 4 United States World Agility Teams traveling to Spain, Austria, Belgium, and Switzerland. Karen and Dallas have also won both the USDAA and AKC National Agility Championships, as well as placing in the finals in other years.Karen's other early Border Collies include ADCH April MX, AXJ, FM and ADCH MACH Ravin. Ravin came into Karen's life as a "re-home" in 1997 and has gone on to qualify for both the USDAA and AKC National Championships, making the finals in USDAA Grand Prix twice, where she placed 3rd in 1999 and AKC National Championships, where she placed 4th in 1998.More recently, Contact Point Border Collies have gone on to great success in Agility. They have gone to win the AKC Agility National Championships (Quick in 2006 & Driven in 2008), compete on the USDAA/IFCS World Agility Team (Quick and Luz, 2006, & Driven in 2008), and compete/place in the USDAA Grand Prix and/or Steeplechase National Championship Finals (Quick, Driven, Luz, Soda, Jammer, Cyclone, and Indy). Contact Point Border Collies are also excelling in Herding, Flyball, Frisbee, Dock Diving and other dog sports.Karen's understanding of competitive dog sports has helped to form her vision of the Border Collie that she believes will excel in dog sports and has also fired her desire to produce great performance Border Collies.

• ....First, I hate people like Bobby L who don't think BC shouldn't do anything but herd ... clearly BC's love agility / flyball / freestyle frisbee and tracking and being service dogs and a million other tasks THEY DON"T HAVE TO HERD...would be nice if we all had some sheep in the back yard but phhhewww, get over it, its just a dog, it doesn't have to do what it was bred to do 100 years ago, as most of them don't ... I'd hate to see any dog never do anything but lay around the house never mind a BC though.Sorry, that being said ... what is 'the best' ? ... Even if you have to BC's with long titles to their names in agility, they may not produce pups that will win ... and even if you find someone with dogs that have bred several agility champs, that 7/100s ... or our of dozens anyways.Best bet, if you like your dogs, wait for you breeders to have another litter, because you know you'll be in good hands. If you really want to get one now, you'll probably have to make some phone calls.Start herehttp://www.working-border-collie.com/breeders.htmlAsk them, A) Do they have or will they soon have puppies and B) Are the parents champion agility competitors and or have their puppies ever been agility chapions. ...I don't think is the type of question you going to get a real answer to on YA!, if someone claims to know 'the best', its probably just a breeder they knkow or like