What size crate does my border collie need?

I've finally decided to get a crate for my 9 month old Border collie. I'll be using it at home. What size does she need? She is 20" tall at the shoulder when standing, and 27" tall for total height when she is sitting. So what dimensions of a crate does…

I've finally decided to get a crate for my 9 month old Border collie. I'll be using it at home. What size does she need? She is 20" tall at the shoulder when standing, and 27" tall for total height when she is sitting. So what dimensions of a crate does…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What size crate does my border collie need?...

• What size crate does my border collie need?

What size crate does my border collie need? Dog Breed Discussions
      I've finally decided to get a crate for my 9 month old Border collie. I'll be using it at home. What size does she need? She is 20" tall at the shoulder when standing, and 27" tall for total height when she is sitting. So what dimensions of a crate does she need, and will she be growing any more? Thanks a lot for any help.

What size crate does my border collie need? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Do not get one that the Collie will have too much space in, if the crate is too big the dog will use the bathroom everywhere in the crate and is a mess to have to clean up. Idk what size tho.

• Add an extra 4 - 5 inches to her height so she has enough room to stand up on all fours and stretch. Then add an extra 6 - 10 inches to the length so that she can just about turn around in there.Make sure that there's not so much room that she feels she has enough room to have a separate 'toilet area' so that she doesn't eliminate whilst she's in there.

• I don't know specific size, but make sure there is enough room for the dog to lay down, stand up, and turn around in. Too much room will encourage the dog to eliminate in there. She probably won't be getting much bigger. If you can take her with you to pick out a crate that would be best.