Is there a dog that in the same family as like the siberian Huskie or the Alaskan Malamute?

I am looking for a smaller breed because i love how those dogs look just don't want them to be as big. I would be willing to get either one if there is nothing close to that.

Is there a dog that in the same family as like the siberian Huskie or the Alaskan Malamute?

I am looking for a smaller breed because i love how those dogs look just don't want them to be as big. I would be willing to get either one if there is nothing close to that....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is there a dog that in the same family as like the siberian Huskie or the Alaskan Malamute?...

• Is there a dog that in the same family as like the siberian Huskie or the Alaskan Malamute?

Is there a dog that in the same family as like the siberian Huskie or the Alaskan Malamute? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am looking for a smaller breed because i love how those dogs look just don't want them to be as big. I would be willing to get either one if there is nothing close to that.

Is there a dog that in the same family as like the siberian Huskie or the Alaskan Malamute? Dog Breed Discussions
    • That's Wierd cause I just saw one yesterday. They look like huskies or malamutes but are smaller. Dude had three of them and said they were Chinese. Don't remember the name but they were sweet.

• The Samoyed is also related, ie sled dog. If you want something smaller, try an American Eskimo dog. You can also consider Keeshond or Akita, but Akitas and Samoyeds can be large. American Eskimo and Keeshonds are smaller.

• There's a dog called the Alaskan husky, but it's not really a breed. It's a hardcore sled dog that's from Alaska and bred from huskies and others. This kind of dog may look like what you want, but this dog is a serious canine athlete. They need lots of exercise; a walk around the block just won't cut. These dogs need to run. A lot.Looking at your question from a bigger picture, you shouldn't be so concerned with a dog's appearance. It's more important to find a dog with a personality that matches your lifestyle. If you pick the wrong dog, neither of you will be happy.

• You could always get stuffed toy that looked like a Husky. That way you wouldn't have to worry about socializing, training and exercising the dog. Both Alaskan Malamutes and Siberian Huskies are extremely intelligent, stubborn, and social dogs that require significant amounts of stimulating exercises (2+ hours of running or agility per day).

• The Klee Kai is very cute but if you want something more available , I would suggest a Shiba Inu, Miniature American Eskimo ,or if you wanted real small a Pomeranian.

• There is no such thing a "miniature" husky or malamute. Google spitz breeds, that is the family huskies and mals are in - there are many many breeds that fit in that cateogory. You might like to google a Japanese Spitz they are quite small. I own a Sibe - trust me when I say they are NOT for everyone. I probably wouldn't recommend a Sibe OR Mal to anyone who hasn't had a dog before. There are so many Sibes/Mals in shelters because people don't know how to handle them. They are a lot of work and need someone who can be their leader 24/7. They will challenge you for pack status constantly.Also, a Sibe is a about half the size of a Malamute. They may look similar to you, but they are very different breeds who share different characteristics. Please do not buy a dog because "you love how they look" - that's setting you up for heart break.